A funny stat

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 10, 2019.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I mean I'm with you, we tend to not play well against them, and we certainly haven't played well at their place, but I dont think this team is thinking about any of that. I suspect it will be another hard fought victory...it sets up much more better for us this time. We get a week off to rest, get some important guys healthy, they're coming off whippings of UK, UGA, and likely another against UF. Be a good time for us to just go in there and run all over them.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This bye could not have come at a better time. And I think we run the next two games and roll into a bowl berth.

I would have laughed at you and called you insane if we were talking about this mid September.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, new coaching staff and everything for us, so hopefully our struggles at their place don’t carry over, but sometimes they do. Hopefully they’re just beaten down and we can come out strong off the bye and give them every reason in the world to throw in the towel

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I wanted to pick nits, I would argue having the bye before UK could have been even better, but I guess we will never know and it apparently didn't matter too much from a W/L perspective.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The goal on those triple option offenses is keep them off the scoreboard and gang tackle. Turnovers are great, negative plays are awesome, but play discipline and make them earn the two yards they're striving for. It's ugly, but it's really basic middle school fundamentals type football.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

7-5 is what I predicted but I would even be good with 6-6. Get more practices and exposure.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I enjoyed beating UK after not having a bye. Last year, according to UK fans, the only reason Tennessee won was due to Tennessee having a bye the week before.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

David Ubben tweeted this earlier, if Tennessee goes 7-5, the SEC record is 5-3. That's the best Butch ever did.

AbeFroman, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

hopefully now Missouri fans will get the same chance.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

with 12 scholarship players, to boot. Well, something like 12, I think I read that somewhere.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ubben is such a force in the coverage of Tennessee. I have not seen any media person bring that stat up. It's exactly the kind of thing people would want to know, too, when trying to figure out whether we are headed up or not.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pruitt's guys have to share textbooks.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

They aren't very smart then, because we played Charlotte on 11-3 and Kentucky on 11-10.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are Kentucky fans

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not gonna lie though, a 7:30 start is very much not what I was hoping for.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can duck hunt all day and not miss anything

OneForVol and hohenfelsvol like this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12 day out forecast is a high of 54 and low of 36. Downright balmy considering most of our trips there.