A gaming state of the union thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Nov 2, 2013.

1. WM

WM Active Member

We have two new consoles and tons of games coming out on the next few months. What's getting you excited in the near future?
    PC gamers are welcome as well...

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

PC gamer checking in.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Probably going PS4 eventually. Not immediately.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not buying a new system.

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Getting ready to build a new rig, no more consoles for me.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Have a PS4 that will be delivered from Amazon on release day. Still not sure what games to get. I'm leaning towards NBA 2k14 and COD. I'll get Driveclub and The Division when they are released. Depending on how good the Forza games are will determine if I get an Xbox One later on.

Never been interested in PC gaming.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I don't see the point in buying the games that are already released like 2k14 or haven't been specifically developed for next gen. There will be absolutely no difference than playing it on the ps3. I guess that's the main reason I won't be getting my new console until sometime in the spring or summer. Plus I can better judge which one is better by then.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm only 1/10th through GTAV, but want Ghosts and ACIV

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I am buying a launch PS4, I know JayVols blasphemy, but I haven't made my mind up if I am keeping it or going to flip it on ebay.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Depending on how much people that didn't pre-order are paying after release, I may sell mine and wait on stores to get more in stock to buy another.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Just can't imagine paying that much for one at release - it isn't like going from the NES to the SNES or SNES to N64 or something revolutionary like the Wii. Those consoles were able to make much more significant and highly visible changes due to the young state of technology at the time of those consoles. This release feel much closer to the ps1 to ps2 transition minus the online multiplayer addition.

12. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I'll be waiting for a year or so on the next gen.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It takes awhile for the games to grow into the new systems too.

14. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Just for a touch of humor to the thread.

[video=youtube;ZJX9zJnv0U0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJX9zJnv0U0[/video]

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Gonna wait and keep buying used games in the $5 to 10 range.

#frugal

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

+1

17. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Will be doing the same.

18. I think I'm going to sell both the PS4 and XBone that will arriving on launch. I had originally planned to to keep the XBone, but since my Turtle Beach headset (or any other headset for that matter) won't be supported until next spring at the earliest, I think I'll just wait until that adapter comes out before making the switch. Trying to play online with no mic sucks, and I don't have a nice surround sound to play in the absence of the headset, so spending $500 on a console I can't get the most out of seems pointless.