A Wild and Crazy Idea: Watching SEC Network On The Cheap

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KenTenn, Jun 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

I fully expect to be demonized, verbal lynched, and hunted to extinction for this post. But with so much uncertainty about whether the SEC network will be carried by TV providers and issues bordering that concern, I decided to take the risk.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, you can always leech off some family member. But if that’s not an option try the below.

Get some neighbors who are real buddies as opposed to sneaky snots. Workout a written agreement for payment and access to a BIG screen TV with a cable connection. Perhaps housed in a BIG Lowe’s shed with everyone provided a key. And A/C/Heating installed, lighting, and furniture it as you see fit.

Suggested agreement features: Talk stuff over seriously first.

Locate on a property line between two homes so as to discourage losing the shed if a neighbor moves. Of course a new owner might object to its presence and cause problems.

Paying equally means a small outlay for each participant. Set a specific date and time monies are to be received and by whom. Enforce it strictly.

Have 2-3 backup remotes, preferably universal ones. When more than one person has access to a remote, I guarantee you it will get lost periodically. Perhaps have a remote holster on a wall and an enforced rule the remote is to never leave the shed and anytime the TV is off, the remote is holstered.

Have any agreement in writing, signed by all parties, and notarized. People are more inclined to behave when the specter of provable legal process exists. Being good buddies with buddies is great as long as you are buddies. When you aren’t for a variety of reasons, things get Judge Judy and Greg Mathis ugly. Having a written document tends to lessen that happening. Everybody should have a copy of the document.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What?????????

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What the ****.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think I'd rather borrow my buddies login or you know pay for it.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wouldn't it just be easier to pay the extra 15 dollars a month than having a custom remote holster made and getting hat to draw up a legal contract

6. KenTenn

Well. . .this board needed livening up anyway. Was hardly any traffic when I first joined.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Just like sab's letter to scroogins was satire right?

8. KenTenn

Sorta. But also because I saw in other forums where people were bemoaning the increasing costs of cable and uncertainty of if they will (except for DISH and U-Verse) carry the SEC Network or not. So though to throw this wild and crazy, Steve Martinesque idea out there.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Bless your heart

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing like spending a few hundred bucks to save 15 bucks a month.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

A one man stampede, now.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My remote control and remote control accessory budget will total in the hundreds all by itself.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was speaking to a shed with AC/heating and a big screen tv.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We'll worry about the minor details later.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Ban him

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

As it is written so it shall be. ..

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You had me until the written doc part.

Fine print = shenanigans

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Isn't this plan called Buffalo Wild Wings?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

get off this guy's back it was good clean fun for the entire family