Alabama Fan said he sabotaged Kyle Field Stadium

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Jul 18, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

SAN ANTONIO -- A construction worker who was fired this week for hanging a University of Alabama flag on Texas A&M University's Kyle Field suggested in several Facebook posts that he sabotaged the stadium.

"This stadium will never be ready for this season, I'm putting iron in backwards and wrong holing everything!!" Bobby Livingston posted on Facebook on Feb. 28, along with a photo of himself in a University of Alabama shirt.

Livingston, an ironworker who posted several pictures of himself working on site, is part of a crew making major renovations to Kyle Field in College Station.

In an April post, Livingston, 44, said: "If you ever attend a Texas A&M football game, don't sit at the Northeast End Zone, it was raining today and I made 2 very "questionable" welds!!"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...orker-fired-for-hanging-Bama-flag-5625303.php

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good Lord.

Those bammers are card-carrying USDA certified idiots.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

There's idiot, and there's sociopath.

Welcome to the SEC aTm.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What a bastard.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dear God. Hope he leaves the gene pool. Soon.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I wonder if he can be charged for making terroristic threats?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Feels like this is criminal, doesn't it?

8. JayVols

True.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very much so.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Seems like this goes a lot further than putting DDT to some trees.

11. JayVols

Nah. His actions were just a protest after watching a video of their last loss to aTm.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know this is a stupid sentiment, but a real college football fan would be happy to get to work at a site like a major college stadium and would do a damn good job, no matter what. A real professional would never take a job they didn't plan on doing to the absolute best of their abilities. This guy is a failure as a human being on so many levels of his identity.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No feels to it. A hoax about blatant sabotage and endangerment of lives is serious. Especially if he actually worked there and then they have to go and inspect his work all over again.

I imagine his work would have been inspected anyway, so the backwards stuff should stick out if he really did it. But the welds could be something else.

And lord help him if it isn't a hoax.

Bammers gonna Bammer.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I wonder if his union would represent him if he stood trial.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The welds are frightening in that it is difficult enough when you are doing it properly. If you are half-assing it, you could be putting people in danger but it would be hard to detect and pinpoint the exact problem area.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'd do a good job on everything but i'd probably pee and poop somewhere i shouldn't if it was Bammer's stadium

17. JayVols

Everyone deserves a competent defense, but it should end there.

18. JayVols

I'd imagine x-raying/ultrsounding welds for soundness is rather expensive & time consuming.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Exactly.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All wields get inspected. If it was a bad weld, it was cut loose and redone.

Assuming the welds were inspected as per safety standards, all he did was cost his employer money