Another game

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Bassmanbruno, Jan 11, 2014.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Losing like that is hard to stomach. Just a total collapse.

2. Who we got in the NIT 1st round?

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Awful.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Southeast Who Gives A **** State

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The lack of defensive adjustments on #23, and playing Maymon and Stokes at the high post the whole second half were just incredibly stupid. Total incompetence. It just goes to show you that if this team isn't bombing threes to bail out the lack of scheme, they suck.

6. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Actually, they played terrible the entire game. Had they played well in the first half, we would have had a 25 point lead. When a team goes the final 10 minutes of a half with no field goals, you really should have more than a 14 point lead.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

This was sort of what I was going for with my FYP. We got hot more so than turned a corner, IMO. The real turning of a corner would be our talent and coaching staff working symbiotically to at least form a whole equal to the sum of its parts--let alone greater--but I've pretty much abandoned all hope on that one.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

considering McRae and Stokes sat for half the first half, I'd say getting to halftime with a 14 point lead is plenty acceptable. Heck, with them in the whole half it would've been. Hard to fault that. It wasn't pretty, but it was fine.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'll grant that. The second half was the worst coached and played half we've had.

Make it stop.