Another Recruiting Request.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Nov 5, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Since the A.J. Davis one worked out so well, I'd now like to publicly ask the staff to begin exploring foreign options to fill out our post rotation.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Try Lithuania, to be exact.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Any names you have in mind?

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

If you had to choose between Davis and Nichols, which one would you have chosen?...just curious...

5. hatvol96

The foreign guys usually come out of nowhere. West Virginia has got a guy coming in who will be eligible after he sits out six games that should help them immediately. He wasn't really on the radar until late summer.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wouldn't mind the staff finding a Dellavedova type player in terms of impact.

7. hatvol96

Nichols, because he's more advanced right now and UT, if Stokes returns, is built to win next year. That said, I don't think the difference in Nichols and Davis is as big as most everyone else seems to.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Btw, I love that Rob Lewis on VQ said after that commitment that since he did not have to cover Nichols going forward, he could now say that he thought he was rated to highly. Thinks the kid is not as good as advertised..lol...I thought only fans say that....

9. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

That's a chicken shit thing to say at this venture. It seemed obvious Rob was frustrated because the Nichols kept him out of the loop a lot.

10. hatvol96

So, he's essentially saying he's not actually being an objective observer. That comment indicates that all he's doing is pandering to a fanbase and telling them what they want to hear.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not the most professional thing to say, that's for sure

12. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I know I posted this in another thread, but do you think there is any chance we could get back in on Schuyler Rimmer? He was ours for the taking at point, I'm pretty sure.

13. hatvol96

They could. I hope they don't.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Nichols is clearly talented but needs to add a lot of strength before he gets to Memphis.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not exactly cracking the enigma code, here.