Anthony Jordan.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by MettaWorldPeace, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think I’ll probably ref some rec league games when I’m done coaching, in a few years. Would be fun to still be a part of it, but without being so heavily involved. And I will call a fair game, and relish not giving two shits what anyone thinks, ever.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Same on TSSAA-only refs.

I’ve had refs move my kids around....on defense. Two instances last year, one took my MLB and walked him wide left, and another kept telling my safety to get closer to the LOS (we can only have 8 defenders in the box....but you can line up 99 yards away from it, if you like). But piss them off at your peril, because you’ll start to have any gain over 20 yards brought right back with a laaaaaaaate flag...usually at the LOS.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We run quite a few formations but our base is an unbalanced single wing.

We always tell them before the game and even show them what it looks like, since it's a pretty rare formation. At least 3 times a year, some dickhead messes it up thinking its an illegal formation.

I'm hoping the new rule will help some this year.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Which rule?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Basically it's the same but the wording changed. No more than Four in the back field. So instead of counting linemen, they should be counting backs now. 4 or less, and it's a legal formation.

NYY likes this.
  6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You can have 10 on the LoS if you want. Just can't have less than 7. Only thing you have to remember is that the end men on the LoS are eligible receivers.

That's it. Not complicated.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Should help the dumbasses out.

They will still find a way to [uck fay] it up.

JayVols and Volst53 like this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah but if you're a team that goes tackle over and a lot of unbalanced looks. Finding all the linemen was hard in the interior.

I think the new rule should help, but we'll see.

9. CardinalVol

Too complicated for a TSSAA sanctioned official.

JayVols likes this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We had an All-American wide receiver maybe 12 years ago that got ejected from a game for holding up the #1 sign as he crossed the goal line.

Granted he did decide to do the sign with both hands. And use his middle fingers. But still.

Not really on the second part, but the first really did happen.

JayVols and lylsmorr like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

being ejected from a game should have a higher bar than it does. it needs to be some action completely untied to the game. excessive celebrations, #1 hand signs, talking smack, lowering heads, etc can be penalties without removing people

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That TSSAA officials have trouble counting to 7 is embarrassing. Not surprising though.

Hope the new rule helps.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I believe the rule at the time was that he had to sit out the next game, too. Pretty rough.

14. CardinalVol

Still is.