anybody skipping work?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 16, 2012.

1. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

+1,early last we where losing to junior colleges

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You act like we were world beaters last year. We had a nice run at the end but lost early in the NIT - our first 3 teams we have played have been garbage. I'm going to remain skeptical.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

25 Fouls, 26% Shooting

That's a recipe for awful haha

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

As bad as the offense was the defense was nearly as bad.

5. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Cuonzo cant shoot it for them. I dont think he is the problem. Maybe its Dooleys fault?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Likely is.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Obviously a lot of work to do, and I have no doubt this team will continue to improve. The defense from the new guys is going to get better under this coaching staff, and hopefully Maymon is back next month. I'm not panicking.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It was a 10:30 EST start time in mid-November, and they played like crap. While I am by no means happy about the outcome or the performance, I'm also not going to freak out over it either.

9. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Was it a matter of shots not going down or shot selection being bad? If the shots werent falling then i wouldnt fret too much. Playing in essentially a foreign country in a makeshift arena makes it difficult.

10. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

some folks are acting like they expected the vols to go undefeated this year.

11. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Couldn't score inside, couldn't score outside, couldn't play D without fouling.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Guys like Chevious shouldn't be jacking up threes.

13. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

The defensive effort would concern me the most. 25 fouls is a lot especially when only a couple might have been "intentional" late in the game to stop the clock.

14. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

None were intentional. Granted OSU had a ton of fouls, too. It was just an ugly game.

15. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Im gonna see if I can find out who the officials were. Could explain a lot.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I doubt it - we took a lot of stupid shots - then we couldn't finish inside when we had decent shots. Freakin' Philip effing Jurick out played our bigs and we were careless with the ball in the 1st half and couldn't stop anyone to save our lives in the 2nd half. No one could stay in front of their man when they drove to the basket.

It really comes as no surprise when you consider the lackluster performance the first 2 games against god awful teams. Enter Oklahoma State.. a bad team who just lost a major contributor - but still better than KSU and UNCA and you have a blowout.

17. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I can agree with that. I dont think the officials had any effect on the outcome of the game but depending on who assigned them, I could tell how many fouls relatively they will call.

18. NukemVol

NukemVol Member

The officials didn't matter. Our offense was just stupid. Same old jack up threes when not a single damn player is a good three point shooter. I thought our defense looked good. But we went on an 8 minute run early on of nothing but clanked threes. Not even a decent attempt on the inside.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Him hitting his first one was the basketball definition of fool's gold.

20. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Rick Crawford, John Hughes, Lamont Simpson

Not a bad crew at all. Must have started out ugly and they had to call it that way throughout the game.