Are you not entertained

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ok. Just going by what I've seen this year and how much the playbook is opened up when the defense has to defend qb draw, power, rpo etc that Bailey doesn't do as well

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not really

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The offense needs a healthy, functional OL or a dual-threat QB. Doesn’t necessarily need both (although it helps), but neither is a killer.

Memtownvol, A-Smith and chavisut like this.
  4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

"If at first the game—or the breaks—go against you, don’t let up . . . apply more mustard."

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I tried to find the video again...on limited replay I though there was some plant and rotation.... I just saw Boche test the ACL, only to come back to it for a 2nd and 3rd time..again they didn't stay on him the whole time... but it appeared he was also checking the posterior lateral corner... I dont expect to see him the rest of the year.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

My doctor told me he was going to check my posterior lateral corner at my last check up, and his fingers were in a way different spot in me than the doctor’s were when checking Hooker.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I found the video and watched again.... It appears to me he is doing. Its what I do for a living, so it stands out to me. Just part of the eval. It was when they came back from replay of it, so we missed a good 10-15 seconds in between.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

To add to this, need to cut down on the holding penalties. Also if McGrath hits the field goal after the missed OM field goal, we more than likely win the game. We also saw the ugly side of this offense in the second quarter. I think they had 8 plays in the 2nd before the final FG drive. Really proud of this defense, though. Omari Thomas and Aaron Beasley are young guys who seem to be improving every week. Overall, we are missing so many people from an already thin roster. That that game didn't get away from us is starting to make me believe in this staff. If we can finish with that level of intensity and fight throughout the rest of the season, I'll be sold.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I just don't understand why we don't have cameras on both sides of the field. This is exactly the thing that cost us the Pitt game.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Doesn’t Neyland itself have multiple cameras? I was under the impression that most school’s stadiums have their own for getting game film (and possibly crowed surveillance…). If so, those cameras should be fair game for review purposes.

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

No need for the huddle, replay official should make the call and communicate it to the referee. Keep moving.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Replay officials are still getting it wrong too often. Sensors in the tips of the ball to provide telemetry which can then be modeled in 3D space to determine forward progress and even inform a "catch", tip, etc.

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Surely this will be forthcoming… if not, the ONLY possible reason is to give refs an out for helping teams like Bama, Georgia, Notre Dame and others of that ilk along… and to prevent upsets that would cost the ‘AA a lot of $$$.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I kind of wonder if Plowman/White have realized that if decide they want to lay a hammer that they are going to have a full scale munity on their hands?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The NFL doesn't seem to have these officiating issues, nor five hour games. If the SEC really wants to be NFL lite, they need to model after that.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm telling you, if punishment not scaled to the individual bad actors comes down, there will be professional consequences for them. People won't stand for it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bottles were thrown in London during the Jaguars game, by the way, on a bad call. I have heard NOTHING about it.

hohenfelsvol and LawVol16 like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the thinking is that I will forget what Thamel wrote in time, he is mistaken. Same with the rest.

warhammer, VolDad and justingroves like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe White realized it as it was happening.

Both he and Heupel asked for a loud, wild sellout. They got it.