Arthur Brown Projected as First Round Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 25, 2013.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Good thing we didn't try to let him transfer here or let his brother stick around. Not like we've been in need of good running backs or linebackers the last few years.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

DDIAPOS imo

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Agreed

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Agreed, but Arthur transferring for a second time would have meant he had exactly two years to play here and that's if the NCAA didn't put a stop to it.

Not putting any effort into keeping Bryce on campus was a stupid assed decision.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And I'm pretty sure he'd have been the best linebacker on campus any of those years. Plus we had empty roster spots to burn.

6. chavisut

Without a doubt.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And I think Poole would have been a lot more effective as a situational guy that just caught some swing passes. His big plays in 2011 were all receptions.

8. chavisut

A good third down back.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And he was a good enough runner, as well as Bryce being a good receiver, that you couldn't just adjust your defense depending on which back was on the field.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, I just don't know if the NCAA would have allowed it.

I will say, any coach worth a damn jumps through every hurdle asked to get that kind of talent here, though.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And we knew a long time ago that we didn't have a coach worth a damn. We had a piece of shit.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Poole was 40 shades of terrible.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was decent enough when he got some open space around. Finding the open space was rather problematic.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Staying on his feet seemed problematic as well.