Article: Unit Check-Up

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by kptvol, Sep 13, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Did Fugate get hurt or something? It just seemed I didn't see much if any of him in the second half when Bartholomew played a lot more. Everything you wrote up seems on the money to me, I just don't understand our lack of being able to get anything going up the middle with the running game. Lex said in the replay he saw the O-line open up some holes that I must've missed the first time around, but even if they are opening up holes, they just don't seem to be getting a push against the Dline. That seemed to be the case in both games. Running to the outside seemed successful for both Poole and Lane. The thing a lot of people miss about Poole is he is a fantastic pass blocker and that's huge with this type of gun slinging offense.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe Darr threw the discus this spring for Tennessee's track and field team. I could be way off though.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Darr played another position in high school in addition to punter... one that required a tad more speed and athleticism, but I forget what it was.