Avery Johnson to Bama

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Knox9552, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Not a done deal but close. Can't believe their fans are actually excited about this.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They're operating under the assumption that all coaches who come to college from the pros have the kind of success Saban has enjoyed.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They made an announcement that they're trying really hard. People are taking them seriously.

4. hatvol96

Hiring Avery Johnson shows a hell of a lot more commitment than hiring some nobody from Chattanooga. At least you are consistent in sticking with your nonsense point.

5. InVolNerable

My nonsense point of not publicly announcing failures?

6. hatvol96

Yep, they've been so damaged they're on the verge of hiring a former NBA Coach of the Year.

7. hatvol96

Yeah, it's obviously killed their search.

8. InVolNerable

Ha, bag on him then such his **** when called out on it.

9. hatvol96

What? I was explaining why Alabama fans would be excited about the hire. I have no strong opinion one way or the other about Johnson as a college coach.

10. hatvol96

Great job "calling me out on it." Tremendous intellectual work.

11. InVolNerable

And I just wanted to laugh at Bama's AD for admitting failure.

12. InVolNerable

Doesn't take much work to call out a shill.

13. hatvol96

That's good because anything that requires an IQ above room temperature is above your intellectual pay grade.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  14. hatvol96

Yet, it ends up with most everyone laughing at you. Of course, you're probably used to that by now.

15. hatvol96

I'm actually intrigued now. Who am I shilling for? I don't do anything for free. I need to prepare an invoice.

16. InVolNerable

Oh look. It's the archetypal hat denigration whenever he gets his feelings hurt. No substance, just an attempt to downgrade intelligence.

17. hatvol96

Yeah, my feelings are just crushed. My self esteem is just in tatters.

18. hatvol96

Really? How often does that happen around here? The fact you are the target of something out of the ordinary should be instructive.

19. InVolNerable

It's a pretty standard hat attack. The fact that I've been a target of something that anybody who has ever disagreed with you means nothing, though usually your go-to is "mental-incompetent". Glad to see you've finally branched out in your insults.

20. hatvol96

Great point. Look at all the times I've gone after bpv, groves, cotton, etc, etc. The only people who get insulted are those who stake out a position stupid enough to merit such. The term is "mental invalid." If you're going to play the role of gasbag Internet martyr, at least get the details right.