**** Bajakian.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Oct 4, 2014.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am afraid this is true.

2. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

people call better plays on Xbox than this guy

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How can you work for Rich Rod and not learn anything?

4. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

One thing I believe this staff does, at least on offense (not sure about defense) is panic.
    The only way I can make sense out of the offensive gameplan is that the staff was so concerned with the OL and blocking that it consumed anything and everything they did. Nothing deep. Cannot run it too much, even if we have success for a few plays, little patience for anything that takes more than a second and a half to develop midfield . . .

But, there is also some stuff that goes against it: the exception that prove the rule? The 5 step drops, the pass after the Sutton interception . . .

They panicked like [itch bay]es last year at Florida by starting Peterman.

5. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

I think you're on to something here.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are making an extraordinarily damning claim, but are backing it up with extraordinarily damning evidence. I think you are on target.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Nice post

8. RevBubbaFlavel

Also - scrap the annoying hurry-up.

I like it in principle, but this team cannot run it and it causes us more confusion than the defense.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Agree. All our hurry up does is to put our defense on the field longer. Although, sadly the defense is our best chance to score.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Caused plenty of confusion on the Defense at times.

Our Center is just apparently deaf or Worley doesn't know to snap the ball when the D is confused and not wait until the adjust and sort themselves out. The Wildcat (obviously when Worley was out) was extremely frustrating. 3rd and 1 and there isn't a single UF DL on the entire left side of the line? Better wait for them to catch up and fan out.

And then get a false start because our TE goes all "#(*& it, I'm doing it live".

11. RevBubbaFlavel

I agree - it has caused confusion on the defense at times. And I know the exact play you are talking about: the problem was not only the center but I believe a lot of our team was looking to the sideline for instruction or play call.

Overall it seems to hurt us more than it helps us. And I think I have only see the offense get into a sort of hurry-up rhythm once, and that was in the Utah State game. It looked good and seemed to really put a lot of pressure on the defense, but then a procedural penalty sort of took the sails out of it and I do not think I have seen it ran like that since. We are usually snapping the ball the same time frame we would if we huddled.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Part of the problem with those 3rd and short wildcat plays was all the of shifts and motion presnap, and they had to get all of that sorted out first, and that's asking for your freshman TE/OL to get impatient and move, IMO

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That's another one of Butchies baseless staples. "And, uh, we're gonna play fast cause, uh, that's who we wanna be."

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Since it has been mentioned, what is the deal with how we snap the ball? IS our center deaf? Can we not work out something that is not so visible to the defense as a guard turning around, getting a nod from Worley, then turning back around and brushing a hand against the center's thigh, who then snaps it one second later?

It is as reliable as a metronome.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have watched for this elsewhere, and we are not the only ones doing it. I have seen in the NFL. I imagine the trick is to say on 1 or 2 and have the center pause that many counts before hiking the ball. But if you always go on 1.5 seconds after the thigh slap, you might as well hold up a sign with a clock on it saying "Snapping in 3..2..1.."

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Anyone that's blitzing uses the slap like a sprinter uses the word 'set' in their blocks.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just one of the many obstacles our offensive staff places in front of our worst unit. Might as well have someone yelling, "Gentlemen, start your engines!"

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Sting sadly did not play us out.