Basilio: "The Brench DeHubbsians"

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Listening to Tony this AM (via his app, which is excellent - it's like having Basilio OnDemand) when he called VQ'er apologists, and those who regularly attack him, "The Brench DaHubbsians".

I literally spewed coffee, and almost choked to death, I was laughing so hard.

It's near the 48:00 mark, on the second segment of his show from yesterday (12/30/14).

I would LOVE for anyone to invite "The Brench DaHubbsian" - wherever they can be found - to come and join the discussion, here.

In fact, I'm willing to entertain suggestions as to a bounty-system of sorts, to somehow reward (and thank!) 8th Members who are responsible for bringing the most infamous sheep, here, from other boards, if anyone has an idea to offer. Obviously, the more well-known apologists / delusional, the better, and more valuable.

Any ideas?

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What's the end game here?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You will probably have more luck getting IP to church, to be honest.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I pray for IP, so his soul will be saved. Church isn't necessary for him

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Lively debate would be my guess

6. Tenacious D

Lively debate, for sure.

But I'd be most interested to simply see the a-typical orange-colored glasses forum member and those here. I hold out sincere hope that most TN fans are reasonable people, and that they'd be open to an honest discussion, no matter how unpopular or uncomfortable it might sometimes be, and for any involved.

I absolutely believe that they'd be most welcome, and would have every opportunity to promote their ideas here, and to defend them, where necessary.

I wonder if a lot of those loyalist legions of orange-colored glasses rah-rah people have some of the same concerns as many of those here, but are merely suffering from group-think, or don't feel welcome to explore or discuss them, elsewhere.

Simply, I always think that the truth will win. The only real question is whether people sincerely want to explore what those truths may be, whatever that might mean, or not.

It would be an educational enterprise, for sure.

That's my only "end game", insofar as I now envision it.

So, is it worth pursuing, or not? If so, how best to do it?

7. Tenacious D

IP will be in heaven, delighting in the presence of He Who Knows How To Ask Questions.

He may not get the answers he seeks, at any point, beforehand. But he will, there, for sure, and will be satisfied.

Or, what is heaven for?

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not sure if it is worth it, to be honest. If they know the site is here, they will come here when they are ready. But by then, they will have already half converted.

Otherwise, they will see this place as a haven for curmudgeons (which it is), doubters (again, it is) and down right negavols (which it is most assuredly not). Too many of them are stuck in 1955, as I have claimed before. They would rather have a Tennessee guy in place and Tennessee players, an altar to the General and doing things the "right way".

Never mind that the General fired his successor two years after he hired him because he didn't like the way the program was headed under him (if I am not mistaken).

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

We had a Vollygirl for a few days, right?

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

She still posts here under the name JayVols.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Who invited JQK?

Whoever did, wins....

I kid.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Your ass is banned for a week.

Minimum.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They don't get a trophy though, so by definition, they're terrible