POLITICS Bernie Issuing Refunds?!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Holy shit - can’t believe he’s doing this.

Big ups to the guy, for sure.

2. Tenacious D

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good on him. I would like to think this would be standard practice or the money goes to some charity. What does happen to campaign money that is raised but not spent?

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I guess this signals the end of his career.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That was my interpretation as well.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe it can be transferred to the next campaign and usually is. In this case, he could have transferred it to Biden/the DNC and didn't. But I only read this as not wanting to take his supporters' money if he isn't using it and nothing more.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s both a great move for those in need and a nice [uck fay] to Biden and the establishment at the same time.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Hard to say. To me, this move does more to legitimize his distance from the Democrat Party than pretty much anything he has done in recent years at least.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because he won't transfer donations to him to someone else? Parties are bullshit anyway.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, basically. I read something the other day that gave the impression that Biden a and the DNC were light on donations this time around. It's been information overload, so I don't know if that's from somewhere reliable or some crackpot conspiracy theorist or right wing wishful thinker.

Oh, and parties do suck. Especially if there is only one or a couple.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were light because the field was so big at one time. I don't anticipate that being an issue in the general. There is so much money in politics, with many sources donating to both parties.

12. Tenacious D

Depends on how his campaign is set up, but a percentage goes to the DNC & a percentage to him.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If I can interject my opinion on people announcing they're "giving back" or "donating" How about you just do it and not make a [uck fay]ing announcement? I mean, are you doing it to be a good person, or so everyone knows how [uck fay]ing awesome you are?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's telling his donors.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, he's still a breaking his arm patting himself on the back piece of shit. Look at me, I'm giving back. Just do it, why does he need the world to know about it?

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

In this case, he'll be dead by next campaign.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

IP if you don't want your Bernie money back, I'll take it. And assume your stimulus money hasn't come yet either so if you are still looking to give it away, i'm there for you.