Best Class since '02

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zero-sum, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

As of right now Ohio state, Alabama and Vandy will steal all our good 2015 instate croots.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Your trolling is so weak.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yeah Butch has really let instate recruiting slip. Great insight.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Phoning in '15 guys in October of 2013. Sounds legit.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They've been locks to leave the state since pre-k

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Except its true as of right now. Go read for yourself on the uncommitted guys.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

As of right now..

Top 10 from 247
    1) Rico McGraw - Bama lean
    2) Kyle Philips - Vandy legacy
    3) Jauan Jennings - Ohio state lean but like our chances as I'm not sure he will end up being a take for them.
    4) Drew Richmond - Ohio State and Bama at 1 and 2
    5) Donovan Sheffield - Vandy commit
    6) Van Jefferson - no idea about this kid but has most interest in OSU/UT/Vandy according to 247
    7) CJ Sanders - Ohio State or Vandy
    8) Josh Smith - brother of 2014 Vandy commit so he will follow him there
    9) Jackson Harris - not sure but I don't think UT is in the picture right now
    10) Josh McMillon - another Memphis kid will be a hard pull from Auburn/Ole Miss/Vandy but we are in the thick of it.

That's the top 10 and really elite bunch.

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

For the record - we will have a very good class next year - not on the level of this years... But we won't be as dominant in state in 2015 and will have to go into Georgia, Virginia and the Carolina's fairly heavily.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Although if Franklin bails then that would help us a ton for 2015.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Franklin can stay. It doesn't matter. That program hasn't, isn't, and won't "turn the corner."

And 2015 kids can be Vandy leans all they want right now, but when it's nut cuttin' time next winter, the elite in-state guys are not signing up to play ball at ****ing Vanderbilt.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Their idea of turning the corner is going from 2 wins to 6 which include beating 4 non-conference nobodies, Kentucky and one other SEC team that may be down in said year.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well 1 is already committed - 1 is a legacy and 1 has his brother going there and he wants to play with him. So that's 3 very highly sought after 4* guys they will get out of the top 10.. 1 of em is an elite prospect.

I don't think they will "turn the corner" by any means - but they are going to hurt our in state recruiting next year.

13. chavisut

We will get 2 or 3 of those. Harris doesn't have an offer.

14. chavisut

Sheffield is a legacy. Phillips' mom played basketball at Vandy. I'm sure that helps but come on.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

He's a Vandy lean at this point so I guess women's bball means a lot to him. We got our foot in the door at least - if Franklin leaves we will get him and Smith.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Is someone seriously worried about losing out on all the good instate talent next year?

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Did not read.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Truth hurts.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The truth is that he's getting just about everyone he's wanted. To imply he's gonna lose out on instate guys next year is asinine and par for the course for what you consistently bring.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Right - dumbasses gonna dumbass. I'm not stupid enough to believe he's going to steal a bunch of Vandy legacies and Bama leans that live in Memphis.