Best Position Players in UT history - RBs

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jul 22, 2021.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Jesus that Hardesty run was really in 06? No wonder I couldn’t find it. Wasn’t going back near far enough.

Duckman and justingroves like this.
  2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Legend has it, Syd’Quan Thompson still sends Robert Meachem a Father’s Day card every year

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Robert Meachem I feel was very underrated while he was here.

TDVol1989 and Duckman like this.
  4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Hardesty always ran like he was pissed off which made him fun to watch. It's a shame he had a hard time staying healthy. If he was 100% during his time here he's possibly in the conversation for one of the best running backs we've had.

On a similar note, Kamara was just as talented if not more than any of the running backs that have come through here. Had he not been so underutilized here I think he is without a doubt worthy of a top 5 discussion. I'm terms of pure playing ability him and Dobbs are probably the most entertaining players to come through UT in the past 10 years.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Barnett was probably my favorite guy to watch out of everyone this last decade. He played violent

TDVol1989 and InVolNerable like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was really only healthy one season

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember him having a lot of hype, being considered a bust, then dominating.

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Yeah, I immediately thought about him after I posted that. He's in that discussion too.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Meachem always looked different catching the ball to me. Physical big and fast, but seemed to let the ball get in on his body more than you'd like to see.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He blew his knee out and was behind a good group of receivers and then Cal left the CB with a broken arm in man coverage on him

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

thete was that fumble. I have a grudge issue. Admittedly. Hardesty has been overlooked

12. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

No order:

Cobb
    Webb
    Hayden -Yep his persona kept him sidelined and I have him as a better back than the 2 great ones he sat behind
    Henry
    Hurd/Kamara -cant decide as Hurd had the stats but Kamara's pro career shows he is special

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ok you can't put some of these guys ahead of Garner. And you definitely can't put them ahead of Jamal.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

But 1998. And Henry always gained yards after contact.

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I am not arguing against Henry as much as I just thought Hardesty in his prime was better. Both were great.

16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

No Feathers or Majors? Was there a timeframe?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

No time frame, and we went ahead and brought up the inevitable bias of ones we saw early in the thread. I think those are interesting suggestions, but they are far back enough that it is hard to compare them and I didn't see them play. So it is no slight to them, they are just over the horizon too far for me personally.

OneForVol likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm 37, I didn't get to see them. I've only heard stories

19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I’m 45, so kinda right there with you. I’ve just seen highlights.

According to those that I have seen I’d go with:

Webb
    Henry
    Lewis
    Stewart
    Garner

Kamara would have replaced either Stewart or Garner if he had been given a chance.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Majors is in a category all by himself.

OneForVol and justingroves like this.