Best tailgate location

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Gator H8R, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Have been looking for a parking pass to tailgate Saturday. Haven't found one yet. So I may have to just do a cash lot on arrival.

That being said, I need yalls opinions on the best cash lots for tailgating. I've tailgated a bunch at other folks spot, but im a rookie when it comes to doing my own. Thanks yall!

#WGWTFA

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Your avatar name is appropriate for this week. Welcome back, even for a little while!

PilotFlyingJ and Gator H8R like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

When is it inappropriate?

Gator H8R and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure there are some cash lots on White Ave. and Clinch Ave. that always have people tailgating. I know there is a lot at the corner of Clinch and 14th that is always full of people tailgating. I can't imagine it's a permit lot, but I'd say you'd have to be there super early to get a spot if it's cash.

To my knowledge, there aren't any cash lots on campus.

Gator H8R likes this.
  5. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

I need to come back more often. I used to live in forums. Don't find much time to do that anymore. Thanks!

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Super early. For a 3:30 game, better show up at 8 or 9 if it is back like in the early 2000's. After noon, you're probably SOL.

7. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Yeah I was thinking it would have to be somewhere along the strip. But I'm gonna look into clinch and 14th. Thanks!

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd try to be sitting there when the parking attendant shows up, though not sure how that could be figured out.

I know the people I tailgate with a lot have to do that to get a good spot in their garage.

9. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Planned on leaving Cleveland by 6. That will put me at a spot around 730. Wonder what time the attendants show up for cash lots?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

When I worked at 7 AM in the fort and walked to work, they weren't there back in the day. I am guessing 8.

Gator H8R likes this.
  11. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

If anyone has a parking pass for sale, or know someone who does, please let me know.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a pretty decent spot here right beside here:

605 James Agee St, Knoxville, TN 37916

It's expensive but it's an easy walk and an easy shot back on the interstate

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sounds like a good choice. I may look into that too. Thanks.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It fills up quick

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yes it does. Early and quick.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody has mentioned the Church Street Methodist parking lot but they pack them in early and often. It’s close to the stadium and a pretty easy out to the interstate post game.

justingroves likes this.
  17. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Anyone know how the tailgating at G17 is? My group are all middle 30s beer drinkers and looking for a fun area. Plus, we're not going to the game and it's close to the strip where we can go watch it somewhere. Pass on vivid seats for 267.

I would want the top so would 7am be early enough to get a spot up top?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like no one can really know, because clearly 3 times more people are coming to campus than have been at one game in decades. Everywhere I look, more people are saying they are going with or without tickets. So if you are serious you had better get there as early as you can.

Gator H8R likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If you want to be a legend get there now

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The number of people that I've talked to this week that are heading to campus just to tailgate, go to GameDay, and/or go to the strip to watch the game is crazy. This may be the biggest gameday atmosphere we've had in a looooooong time.

Gator H8R likes this.