Big Week This Week

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Feb 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This team has got to put Saturday's debacle behind them. The 4 seed in the SECT is still in play. It's not the NCAAT, but I think all fans would be pleased with a NIT birth this year. It's all but guaranteed if this team can take care of the games they should.

This will be a good gut check for the team and coaching staff. Ole Miss is in free-fall, and SC just sucks. There is no reason this team an't be sitting at 8-6 at the end of the week staring at a huge final week of the season.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I am godsmacked that we're even discussing the 'AA tourney at this point in the season - and that we are (mostly) sober.

I agree that the safe money is on NIT, but damn, a trip to the AA would be enormous for both the program and Cuonzo.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The RPI is just not in our favor now. Saturday would have helped tremendously.

Other than winning the SECT, I'll be more shocked than I was when Pearl's first team got a 2 seed if they make the tournament this year, even if they win out.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they play their A-game in the SEC tourney, I see only one team they have no chance against.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Saturday was bad. It will be interesting to see how we respond going forward. There is still a good season to be had given the expectations.