Both Transfer Portal Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing was ever wrong with Knoxville.

NorrisAlan, zehr27 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Knoxville isn’t some bucket list destination

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Speaking for a man who has passed that hated Tennessee, it isn’t the state or city. It is the intense passion of Vol fans and the incredibly identifiable song Rocky Top. And there was a time from the mid 80’s to the early 2000’s when we had these bawdy athletes. We were on TV all the time and we have that amazing home field advantage. And even stupid coaches could win here. We are chosen

VOLinDAWGland and justingroves like this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sure. But I think a lot of east Tennesseans think it is. I've seen posters say it's a selling point for recruits to live in Knoxville.

I don't dislike Knoxville. I just think it's pretty meh. I like Chattanooga better. But Knoxville's got a ton more character than where I'm at.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Knoxville is fine. Decent town. But it’s probably the least appealing thing about East Tennessee

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nope

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Past time to start acting like it.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Midwits, yahoos, and hipster trash make bucket lists.

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Chattanooga may as well be North Atlanta.

10. TDVol1989

Context bruh. For kids that grow up in urban areas or farm land it’s quite nice. And, for an athlete Knoxville isnt just a town. It’s a stadium. An arena. An indoor facility. And it’s a passionate fan base. The culture of Knoxville is perpetually ready to explode for any sport. It just means more. And I get it. And I understand why others hate it. But if that Bama game didn’t explain it, I don’t know what else could.

In ‘85 I was forced into UT. My parents made me leave my South Arkansan home town for the UCLA game. I dreaded it. But it blew my mind. It was an old school tie but then Auburn happened. I love UT. I love Knoxville. I loved those burgers at Sophronia Strong Hall. Gus’s Good Times Deli. Mr Gatti’s. I spent 2 years in Hess Hall as I wasn’t and will never be a Frat Boy. I hard fouled Allan Houston in the HPER Building. I gator chomped for Spurrier’s first FL team and my ears rang for days after Lou and the Rocket escaped.

If you think Knoxville is anything but incredibly significant and amazing you can kiss my ass. And if you Whooo, you are a girl

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pickup in hypr with Alvin Harper, Pickens and other guys who played on the Lakers intramural team was awesome. Think they both coulda played D1 hoops.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Knoxville is great only because of UT. But that’s the only reason it needs

zehr27 and MaconVol like this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I said what I said. Now how do I mute this thread.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Chattanooga has exactly zilch in common with Atlanta.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The whole state east of Jackson supports Tennessee athletics. It isn't just Knoxville.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Agreed. The state park is just okay.

SetVol13 and Memtownvol like this.
  17. TDVol1989

Umm I was converted from South Arkansas…so the point wasn’t geography. It’s the University of Tennessee culture and my experience in Knoxville.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s annoying when people like Basilio think Tennessee stops at exit 369. I grew up in Madison & Gibson Co. It’s Tennessee.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Paris, TN > Paris, France

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Oh please, you've gotta be 20 miles outside of the city before you find a regional dialect and business that's owned by a genuine local.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022