Both Transfer Portal Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2022.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

?

Isn’t he a slot guy? Seems we need outside more. No one is bumping Squirrel

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

We really need guys that can catch, period.

3. TDVol1989

Since it’s late, I will lay down a rant.

The single most important thing in this world s letting players do whatever they want. I mean, I would allow transfers mid-season. Anything they want. And all NIL money is delivered by Sep 1 in cash. No contingent payments. So you can play game 1 for 1 mil at 1 school then game 2 for a mil at another. Hookers are legal NIL tender. Players can fire coaches week to week. If your position coach makes you mad…fired. Players are no longer required to go to class. Open season transfers week to week. If you see a top QB vs an FCS opponent and you are a great receiver, transfer for that 1 game…to build stats. But the team you transferred from…that is playing Bama must hold your spot so you can return.

That’s how I feel about it. I’m right.

I got no issue with transfers in general. It’s better for everyone, but no I do not agree players should transfer as much as they want.

Go Woodlands!

4. TDVol1989

Well if you are a backup, you aren’t getting many attempts. Need guys that ADD not replace. Improve a lacking position and slot isn’t the biggest issue

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Idk what the hell is going on here but I think I like it

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Yes because apparently that was the only thing keeping Joe from being elite

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ya he's coming back.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Imo if you can add a guy like Wells do it. He’s not just a body

Memtownvol, IP and justingroves like this.
  9. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I could care less if they go to class or not. They should, but this is a business and we treat them as commodities rather than employees. Nobody said they should be able to fire the coach? I don’t care if they want to leave in the middle of the season either. Probably wouldn’t be smart, but again, if a coach can take another job before bowl games or whatever and peace out, why shouldn’t the students be able to be? Although it would probably have to be semester to semester for enrollment/scholarship purposes. That’s why they should have actual professional agents to counsel them through all of this and help them cultivate their brand. Would all of this be amazing for our favorite teams or college football? No, but the system we have pays a few and makes billions off the rest. What would probably be best is to actually separate these things from the schools and make it a full fledged business. Give them salaries (which they are on now anyways), contracts, benefits. But no there’s too much money to be made for everyone else the way it is so that wouldn’t ever happen.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is potentially huge for a school like Tennessee whose fans disproportionately buy merchandise at every price point. In a little time, the value of having this as your fan base will become apparent and may become a financial plus. Probably top 15 initially, with the potential to be top 5 if we are getting good on field results.
    https://footballscoop.com/news/brea...ion-to-allow-schools-to-pay-athletes-directly

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

So an NFL Minor league owned and operated by universities/NCAA. It was just a matter of time that the quiet thing had to be said out loud. P-5 = AAA; etc.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Pili coming back for a seventh year

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We gonna get the OU OL who’s brother is a commit?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

So we have at least two 7 year seniors.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Time for SEC and B1G to do our own thing and show kindness and invite a few others to join us. Get it up to either 40 or 48 teams and say tood-a-loo to everyone else.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

upload_2023-12-5_12-9-51.jpeg

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. NorrisAlan

I feel kind of sorry for the small schools that will no longer be able to afford an athletic program because they won't be getting 1.5 million to go to [uck fay] Auburn and kick the shit out of [uck fay] Auburn.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The system will adjust. There still will be some trickle-down buy a win game or two from each team.

20. NorrisAlan

Will there be cross playing though? Will Tennessee still be able to schedule MTSU or will the two divisions be isolated?

That big of a division with that big of money going around I can see them wanting to keep it all in house and schedule 12 games among themselves.