Both Transfer Portal Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2022.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I read something early yesterday that someone we didn’t expect was being allowed to leave.

Then today I read that he wanted more NIL and we felt that between our needs for other positions and the young talent we have, money would be better spent elsewhere. All in the Twitter-verse. But I don’t think we let anyone we really want to keep leave over money.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

One thing I do agree with something the NCAA has said before, is there needs to be an NIL clearing house where all contracts are out in the open. Having transparent truth on who really has deals and for how much would go a long way in some of these players transfer portal-ing out of DI athletics

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't let the squeakiest wheel set the curve.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Baron can't get [uck fay]ed

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Baron flirted with Ohio State last year also. Third time he's flirted with transferring.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well....

Bye.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Didn’t he try to go to [uck fay]ing Kentucky once?

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yeah [uck fay] him

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He played 4 years. Played quite a bit. In years past that meant sr day and thank you VFL before this portal, NIL and covid year stuff. Maybe he just wants a change of scenery. Maybe years of Garner wore on him. It’s not easy with RG and maybe he wants it easier? Maybe he knows Banks sucks and he’s going to be on the field for 9 minutes straight. Maybe he wants to be every down and different position.
    I got no ill will toward Baron and if losing him makes that big of a difference for our Defense next year, we were already [uck fay]ed.

IP likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

I’d like to know more about Slaughter. He played well last year. Supposedly injured but never was sure. He was one of the few dbs to at times turn his head and find the ball. Moved him around a lot. Chance he left to go get coached up well in a better scheme and defined role.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

If he ends up at an SEC school, [uck fay] em. If he stays out of the conference then I’ll forget about it and probably remember him fondly in 5 years.

Is his dad here anymore? Feels like that’s the only reason he came here to begin with.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  12. Ssmiff

I don’t think he is. Baron has been in Knoxville his whole HS and college career right? I can see wanting to get out of town. I’d go to USC, Washington or some place far away and different. UT isn’t winning anything next year anyway.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Slaughter sucked. Not a loss

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

All our DBs have sucked. At some point we have to play guys who suck or defend receivers with linebackers. Or recruit/develop better than we have done the last couple years.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

None of our DBs have had a chance. They just aren’t being coached by the same caliber of coach that other position groups are.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Staes gets out of here uncommitted. Not gonna lie. We have money especially with Seaton out. We need about 5 impact players. Certainly a TE, CB, Safety, WR and OL. Could maybe use a DL. I don’t get the feeling that we UNDERSTAND that. So, while it’s early, I am concerned that we didn’t have a real list and ready to pull the trigger ASAP.

Now maybe it’s not that but worse. But with our showtime TV exposure last year, great home venue, and $$, I am beginning to wonder if having some pedestrian coaches is getting in the way.

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

It very well might be, I don’t know and don’t have a strong opinion either way. I’ll say this though, I think it’s a little more likely that the staff just isn’t a muderers row of recruiters and barring big staff changes would probably need a little more sustained elite play to recruit at a top 5, maybe top 7 level.

18. Ssmiff

Rucker hits portal. Don’t think he played this year.
    T McDonald as well. This hurts. Good player.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tamarion McDonald in the portal.

Will we have a DB for the 24 season?

20. Ssmiff

guess all young guys in bowl. Hadden, Turnage, McDonald, Slaughter, Rucker, Burrel all gone.
    Ridiculous. Coulda used McDonald and Slaughter next year. I don’t blame them though if Banks/Willie are still coaching them.