Bourque

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 11, 2012.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Glad we got rid of Imani for this guy.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

so much of this is silliness.

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I thought we got rid of imani to go after guys like Davis and Bourque was all we got. It is not good but better then the picture being painted.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Did you see UT's running backs last year? Anyone with a pulse and a sub. 5.0 40 time would be in serious contention to start.

5. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Cross went to my HS. I watched him play about 6 games last season, against some great teams too. He had a great season when he was, quite literally, the ONLY option to move the ball for NHHS' offense.

He was the kind of running back that UT fans have been asking for for years now.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I meant how would Borque evaluate whether or not he was getting his fair shake at the starter spot with as little practice time as he had.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If they began working him at WR or another position.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Like TE. Natural fit IMO

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

On top of the personal issues he got absolutely rocked by the Green Mile and never returned...something about whiplash type of symptoms. Opens up another roster spot for this year and took care of a likely issue down the road. If there's only one of those in a class, not too shabby.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't care that he left, it just sucks it was a RB prospect. It would be nice to have taken Imani instead but hindsight is 20/20.

I had doubts a 6' 3" RB would ever stay healthy.

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Agreed. I believe the knock on him was that he ran a bit too upright, that's a problem when you're already that tall. Probably how he left himself open to get rocked in camp. No doubt Imani would still be here taking his reps.