Bowl Eligible

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Nov 23, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The only positive things I can tell you about Indiana are

1. My wife is from there
    2. Turoni's pizza
    3. Larry Bird
    4. Bobby Knight

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It has some really nice views. It's also a freaking nightmare to play unless you are on your A game. At $350 per day if you are not a scratch golfer I would not recommend it.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah but we had a good time and played extra. Worth doing one time or 2 imo. Think I shot 82. Range was awesome and ate after on the back deck. Still use the backpack bag they included.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

5. Steve McQueen

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

6. David Letterman

zehr27 likes this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Indiana gets no credit for Bobby Knight since he's from Ohio. Likewise, Ohio gets no credit for Bobby Knight since the majority of his coaching was done in Indiana.

InVolNerable likes this.
  7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I’m not sure why but when I think of Indiana I always think of Muncie.

Titans great Blaine Bishop is from there I think. I know he went to Ball State.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was curious to see if anyone had figured out what exactly a "hoosier" is. Nope. No one [uck fay]ing knows. Cool nickname, Indiana. You dumb shits.

An interesting Tennessee connection: the bullshit explanation for what a hoosier is that entered into the Congressional Record in 1975, river boat workers from north of the Ohio River marginally preferred over [uck fay]wit Kentucky river boat workers that were employed by a Mr. Hoosier, was first related to some gullible dumb shit Hoosier by a Tennessean in 1901. All attempts to corroborate this have failed.

There are many books written about what the [uck fay] a hoosier is, but you'll get more answers to life's mysteries from dianetics because at least that has a consistent narrative.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The Earth has a natural curvature, so it just rolls East or West.

justingroves likes this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Going to need to see nudes before I can confirm if any of those are positive.

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

you better never find a monkey's paw, because you'd be in for a wild ride.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

1. The Greatest Spectacle in Racing

13. Ssmiff

IP i still don't know how a mile wide slate of ice made the whole state flood after a rainshower. Literally the most miserable looking cattle we had ever seen.
    Then we go to Mcd's and I order a biscuit combo with a medium cup of ice so I could mix my own pregame drink. She says what to drink?. I said I don't need a drink, just ice thank you. She says, "combo comes with a drink". I said, "maam I don't want a drink, just ice is fine". Then she has to check with the manager and comes back to again tell me it comes with a drink so in jest and smartass I asked her to give me a medium coke and to please pour it out before giving it to me and she says, "ok". There is zero chance Zehr isn't top 10 smartest people in the state

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That’s a demerit

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Again, the man should be given a checkbook full of blank checks from UT to do with as he pleases.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My papaw told me an Indiana Hoosier was a man from Kentucky, on his way to Michigan, whose car had broken down. Said that explained why anyone was there. Just ran out of $/luck.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Cardinals fans from StL proper use the term very similarly to redneck

19. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

7. santa claus. the town. has its own zip code and eerything

20. Ssmiff

Actually Holiday World in santa claus was perfect for us when boys were little. More our speed than Disneyworld

A-Smith likes this.