Bracket/Tourney Talk

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 15, 2021.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Alright I had Texas going too deep. Dang. Was off to an awesome start but that’s pretty much a bust.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Texas remains winless in March since firing Rick Barnes.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Love how Texas fired the second worst tournament coach with a Final Four on his resume to hire the worst tournament coach with a Final Four on his resume

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Damn - Texas is worse off than we are once again.

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Bama with a cake walk to the Elite 8. Didn’t expect them to make it but now I’m sure they will.

Im sure they’ll get their first final 4 as well leaving us even fewer in the group in the conference without one.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

One of two things will happen:

1) the bracket implodes and Gonzaga coasts to CBB’s first undefeated national champion in 45 years

2) Gonzaga also falls to the lunacy and a random 7 seed ends up winning, a la UConn in 2014

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maybe Barnes isn't the problem. Maybe Texas rubbed off on Barnes too much and we can't get the stench off of him.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Where does John Brady fit

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh good call, maybe i need to just make a Mt Rushmore of “coaches who are terrible in the tournament except for that one time.”

That said, Brady only had like 4 cracks at it, so I think he’s probably behind Barnes and Smart. Brady was kinda just a bad coach all the time except that one time.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Go Loyola

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’d like to submit Paul Hewitt and Jim Larranaga for consideration for this prestigious honor

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh, and Tony Bennett

13. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Calm down. He’s certainly underachieved in March, but he’s still a damn good basketball coach.

14. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Mike Davis
    Bruce Weber
    Tom Crean
    Kevin Ollie

emainvol and JohnnyQuickkick like this.
  15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, I’m talking about the guys that are just bad in the tournament, not bad coaches overall

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I thought about Weber and ultimately left him off because of the Elite 8 at K State and Sweet 16 at Southern Illinois

Ollie only had 2 cracks at it. I doubt he does much if he had more but I’m talking more about guys that busted in a larger sample size in the tourney

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Loyola would have held us to about 12 points if we’d met in the Sweet 16

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This nun is an actual witch who puts real hexes on opponents. I can’t think of a credible alternative explanation at this point

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

They might legitimately be the best defensive team in the tourney. And that center is just so damned fundamentally good

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Ok, being the best defense in the country might explain it. I’m still riding with the she’s a witch hypothesis until evidence to the contrary emerges