Butch is the 52nd best coach in the country

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 10, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How the hell can people make the argument of Butch over Harbaugh?

3. NorrisAlan

I'll take a wild stab at some horrible logic and memory:

"Hey, Michigan wanted Butch, didn't get him. Who did they get after that? Harbaugh!"

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Butch has won nine games the past two years to Harbaugh's ten and the SEC is infinitely more difficult.

5. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

General consensus seemed to be that because Michigan is still behind OSU Harbaugh hasn't really won anything.

Another guy insisted on comparing Harbaugh's first two years to Butch's third and fourth years, which is a more favorable comparison for Butch than just comparing years one and two for both.

6. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Don't remember seeing that one, surprisingly.

7. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

This is my favorite VN argument. Saban, Dabo, whoever.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't understand that train of thought. The guy turned Stanford into a perennial top 15 program before taking the 49ers to the Super Bowl.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Only gripe you can have against Harbaugh is that he's never won a title outside of a non-AQ conference title when he was at San Deigo and he probably talks too much for a coach that hasn't done won one. Still light years ahead of Lyle.

10. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Someone said, and I wish I were joking here, that an Outback Bowl win is better than a Super Bowl loss. To which someone responded, isn't an NFC Championship win better than an Outback Bowl win?

11. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I enjoy Harbaugh's schtick while Butch's infuriates me. Of course he's never coached one of my teams. And he's​ a much better coach.

12. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I love how it is unclear whether your second to last sentence ends in a beautiful colloquial turn - or whether you were going to type 'hasn't done anything' and decided instead to say 'hasn't won one.'

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Harbaugh is a competitive ass hole. Butch is a whiny vagina

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And Stanford was a program that had annual recruiting classes at the bottom of the PAC 12 and had demphasized football so much they reduced their stadium by 30k and paid harbaugh $500k a year. Despite this his staff had like 3 future head coaches on it.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think you could claim harbaugh is a program builder and not the guy who is going to build a Saban annual NC contender. Maybe. That being said butch can't do either.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's amazing how a well respected guy can find and hire good to great coaches

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Crazy how that works when you're not playing coach