Carolina Jr Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Is Wright healthy?

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I was curious about injuries too. Found this yesterday, don't know how accurate it is though.
    https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/tennessee-injury-report-ahead-of-south-carolina

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It’s obvious to say this…but that is on JH ultimately as the head coach. He’s got to be able to insert himself when necessary on the side of the ball he doesn’t typically have his hands on.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

If Wright was concussed he won’t play. I bet Milton’s knee is really sore.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I agree 100%. It shouldn't have lasted this long. Like Dobbs, Hendon Hooker kept a completely inept coach earning a steady paycheck.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hopefully he has already fully come to this realization since the UF debacle and we start to see things improve from a defensive philosophy POV starting tomorrow evening. I'd like to think JH isn't as stubborn as the other coaching rejects we've endured since 2010.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Wright, Mays and Keyton all playing today.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Night game in Neyland is going to be nuts, I'm pumped. GO VOLS!

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm pretty stoked. I haven't been to a game in a long while, and my son has never been to a night game.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If today goes like I expect it to, we might be the 6th best team in the East right now.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That said, South Carolina by 14.

12. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

UK about to boat race UF. We just stink I’m afraid.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We play our worst game against Florida damn near every year but I’m afraid it’s only going to look worse and worse as the season progresses.

I hope it looks more and more baffling, as we play better and Florida plays worse in every other game.

14. Tar Volon

(I also still think we would’ve boatraced UF if we’d made a damn tackle on Etienne and turned around and made it 14-0. That game got in our heads and never really got out).

15. Tar Volon

The two QBs in UK/UF have combined to throw 16 passes for 48 yards.

We’ve got some trash QBs in our division and it looks even worse for our secondary.

16. Ssmiff

Road games in sec can be tough. UF was more up for our game. We made a ton of mistakes and they made few. Their qb didn’t miss a pass high for no reason.
    Ky is more up than UF and the leaping penalty is like something that happens to us at UF when we finally get a stop.

17. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Hadden should’ve been left in Gainesville after that play.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

No, Kentucky's doesn't spend all week overemphasizing a game against a shit team so their players just came out to play. All the false media hype about it being Joe and this team's do or die moment put a lot of pressure on them. We want Florida too much. That game meant nothing but a barometer on what we are as a team and what we need to fix.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We choked. Only consequence of that game is that we aren't good enough right now. We have all the tools to do to Florida what Kentucky is. Hell we have all the tools to do to Kentucky what they're doing to Florida. Mindset and game plan are our only limitations

20. Ssmiff

All true. And if we were playing that game tonight in Neyland we would see a different game imo. UF hasn’t acted like they wanted to be in Lexington for 11 am kick since pregame.
    I actually won’t be surprised if they come back and win

OneForVol and IP like this.