Changes That MUST Be Made

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by PilotFlyingJ, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m not sure whether it was an indictment on the line or the arrogance of the coaching staff. Probably a mix of both, although I’m hoping it’s more the latter because that has more chance of changing positively after a shitshow like this

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Same with the last possession to end the 1st Half. No urgency, no concern.

The players reflect the coaches same as the troops reflect their leaders and employees reflect their managers. A sloppy unit is a sloppy NCO/Officer corps. A sloppy shop is a sloppy manager.

There is a bigger rot here than just a scrappy 2-10 team beating us.

reVOLt and reverendgeneral like this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t know how else to say this, but I don’t think we’ve properly or fully accounted for Pruitt’s lack of a meaningful relationship with these players.

They look like they don’t care to put out for him. At all.

RockyHill likes this.
  4. Tar Volon

Yep, that one too. We played like it was a scrimmage. In a weird way that’s kinda the only glimmer of hope for me after this game. Nothing like losing to a 2-10 team to solve your hubris problem. There are a lot of other ones, but playing about ten times harder than today is the only way this season can be anything other than miserable

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Not gonna lie, I thought about the Fuentes stories from '18 several times today.

RockyHill likes this.
  6. Tar Volon

I’ve been a little checked out lately with real life stuff, but wasn’t his ability relate to players supposed to be a strength?

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Serious question. Why TF is Shawn Shamburger still wearing a Tennessee uniform?

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

They're not FSU admin assistants, that's the problem.

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

That's kinda the way I look at it. Best case scenario - it's a wake up call and we scrape 5-6 wins. Or we just burn it down, idk.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He must have gnashed his teeth and tore his clothes when asking forgiveness after dancing during Vandy last year is all I can guess

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Changing quarterbacks won’t make this offensive line any better. At this point I have no idea what will make it any better.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JG had time and players running open all game. He simply cant see it. Even the late sack when Gray got run over, he backpeddled instead of stepping up in the pocket underneath the blitz.

And add, watching every [uck fay]ing team today throw fades, posts, go routes and deep ins is sickening. Everybody except us.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I'd begin with figuring out a starting group and making adjustments as you need them. We re not Bama, UGA, or Clemson where you can shift and rotate guys and it not matter on Saturday.

The problem with QB is there just isnt any options.

14. Tenacious D

Not familiar with this.

15. Tenacious D

You know for certainty what JG is - shit.

If he can’t manage to be even a neutral force against Georgia St., then who will he be able to do it against?

I go with the best young guy I have, because potential good is always more preferred than undeniable and proven shit.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Maurer was at elite 11 QB and outperformed Nix there, the kid who just beat oregon with a 4th down scramble and winning td pass.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

There were several questionable personnel decisions today. From the revolving door/musical chairs at OL , to playing guys on defense that either just returned to the team days ago or just starting taking snaps at a new position since a year ago, to your 2 best RBs getting 13 attempts. There are more that make the list before pulling JG.

And that's by far an endorsement for him and more of an understanding that UT doesnt have a legit QB on the roster. Hes just the best option

I'd find out what Harrison Baileys favorite car is and have one with a trunk full of cash in it in his driveway in the morning.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Is there a rule that your football team has to be human? Or could we just send out puppies? I know what I want to see, and I bet others feel the same way.

VolDad likes this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one would dare sack a puppy QB, that's for sure.