Chongo Kondolo OT JUCO

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 2, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't think he was African born.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

News of this verbal has Kesling sitting at home curled up in the fetal position

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Asumnu?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, Asumnu is from Texas. Like Houston.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Asumnu was from Texas.....I thought there was another but might have just had Asumnu mixed up with another person

6. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Emmanual Negedu was born in Nigeria. If I recall correctly, he moved to the US in high school. He left after he couldn't be cleared after a heart attack after a practice

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

So are these two people that keep emailing me about my lost fortune in their homeland...all I need to do is wire them 3K and I am going to get a fortune back

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Asumnu was born in Houston, but judging by names I would guess one or both parents are African.

Goins did the football thing, too, but I don't think anyone thinks he was born in Africa (San Diego).

Yemi is the only African on the basketball team recently, unless I'm forgetting someone.

Which I was. Negedu.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

How I made my first million. Nice guys over there.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It's Allen fukking Duncan

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Happy he committed but with Skipper gone we need tackle prospects in a bad way. We must get one more.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Much needed.

14. chavisut

No reaching please, safe spots for next year.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Duncan wasn't the most recent.

Hint: The player in question still plays in the NFL.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Has to be Jason Witten.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Some have argued that Carter County is a foreign country, though Africa it is not.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm really drawing a blank here. I can't even think of players with African-sounding names. I wonder if it is some white dude from South Africa or something.

Edit: Eventually figured it out by wikipedia-ing every current Vol NFLer I could recall. Wouldn't have guessed.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  19. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Our situation next year will be we need 2 Tackles that can play right away. That means an elite JUCO or a 5 star ish High Schooler...even if we got two of those that is not ideal. We need to find and pay a man of talent to come in this year. Morris seems like he might be good enough after a year but I agree he is the minimal type of talent we need. Weisman and Chongo are good interior line gets. Maybe one of them can play RT IDK. I am not saying just take anyone.

20. chavisut

Chongo could probably play tackle and what you want isn't going to happen. '14 JUCO comin.