Chris Low Saying There Was A "Disconnect" Between The Coaching Staff And The Team...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Dec 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

this season. I'd like to congratulate Low on winning the 2011 Mr. Obvious award.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It amazes me that ESPN pays him.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It amazes me no one in the Knoxville media has not ran with this.

4. hatvol96

Why? Other than Hyams' vendetta against Kiffin for treating him like the second rate rube he is, when has the Knoxville media ever been anything but a PR outlet for UT?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Never but this story writes itself. As lazy as the Knoxville media is, I figured they would go the easy route.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Joe Schad even thinks Low is behind on this one.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Just curious, what did Kiffin do to Hyams?

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

IIRC, it's more of what he didn't do. He didn't kiss his ass and give him the access that Phil did. He was pretty upset about the black jerseys. I'm pretty sure that Hyams said that there's no way we wear black. He got sand in the vag when we did but didn't fill him in on the plan ahead of time.

9. hatvol96

He treated Hyams, and the rest of the local media, like annoyances. He was only concerned with the national guys. He saw the KNS and local TV as a bunch of yokels. Rightfully so.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Starting about 12 seconds into his first press conference when the media started asking questions.

John Adams: "Yeah Lane so in your opinion -"
    Kiffin: "You're going to have to introduce yourself. I have no idea who you are."

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hyams is pretty upset about Dooley not letting him in too.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

At least there's one thing Dooley's gotten right.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He only requires powdered donuts. Too cheap not to employ.

14. hatvol96

That's one of my favorite moments in UT sports history. The previous staff was stunned that guys like Adams and Hyams would think anyone would have the first clue who they were.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't know why writing for the local paper should makes one a yokel. Mike Strange, Ben Byrd, and Gary Lundy are/were respected people in their profession who have done good work, especially when national coverage was harder to acquire. Sure there are knuckleheads in the local scene, but these national guys are just buffoons on a bigger stage.

If we work in a medium-size town in a particular industry, doesn't that make us all yokels?

16. hatvol96

I have great respect for all three guys you mentioned. They are/were top notch. Strange wasn't around that much, so Kiffin didn't have to burn him. Who they work for and where they work doesn't make the Knoxville guys yokels. Being yokels makes them yokels.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Fair enough.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was a few chairs over and behind Adams and I thought I was going to fall out of my chair.

I have no use for either him or Hyams. Griffith is also worthless.

Strange is an excellent guy and good writer.

19. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Chris Low is a joke. And if he gets any fatter, he's going to turn into Verne Lundquist.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Ha!