Cinco on Basilio

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Tenacious D, Nov 7, 2019.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I'm curious as to the optics of all of this. Have Rocker, Sherrer, etc.. been great recruiters at previous stops?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let's get him to agree to sign here then screw him over at the last minute. Have Pruitt live on the internet put his LOI in the shredder.

Probably bad for recruiting, but it'd be fun to watch.

InVolNerable and Ssmiff like this.
  3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

1. Get Austin Thomaa in here to prov ide some organization and focus on details
    2. Replace some dead weight coaches
    3. Start season on a roll next year and we'll be fine

Pruitt has shown he's a quick learner and not shy about making changes.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This really is shitty, though. We have one of the best compensated (many could argue overpaid) assistants in college football and it sounds like a good portion aren't even coming close to pulling their weight.

I'm also struggling to grasp how recruiting could be so disorganized. Can some random AD employee not do a lot of that? Can't Pruitt and company just come up with a list of targets and hand that off to some guy with Excel? And with Fulmer right there in the building who was one of the most successful recruiters we've ever had?

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

As i mentioned, MS st, SC and UAB were not disorganized for visitors.
    To me its as simple as a couple coaches getting whipped in recruiting, some by not kissing enough ass and coddling. We dont do it well and more of todays recruits require it, mainly due to their parents. Im good with taking any kid who doesnt need it. And forget Hardy. Dude will quit at the first sign of an obstacle or bigger promise.

6. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Rocker and Rumph never really have been, just good coaches. Sherrer used to be decent, but Smart didn't fight to keep him in Athens and it's shown why since he's been here. I have no idea why Pruitt likes Weinke so much. Ansley is a great recruiter but also has a gameplan to worry about now.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

You also have to wonder how much of the "disorganized" talk is Basilio and crew being sensational like always.

Edit- I like Basilio "btw" but you just have to understand what he is. A Philadelphian who understands wrestling psychology

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

How can Tee be that turned off at disorganization when he came from Southern Cal?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've heard similar stuff elsewhere.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Assuming all of this is true and he thought he was getting away from a shit show and going to a better situation only to find it is a mess as well, I'd imagine that put him in a bad place from the start.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rocker has landed a few big time recruits, but he's never been considered a great recruiter.

Sherrer is just a guy

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that was an odd thing he went to the nfl given the huge pay cut. he's always been kind of dirty and not too bright. made we wonder if he was fleeing something. the new usc coach will likely offer mega money and he's a west coast guy. he'll probably want to be co DC or some bullshit. edit: cal will likely offer him to be the DC, but i doubt Cal can afford him, but i've been told he wants to come back.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

remember those were sark holdovers by and large and sark knew what he was doing recruiting wise. you saw how SC recruiting went into the toilet once tee and the other guys left or were fired.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What’s the deal with Sherrer? He became a 1st time DC last year, got shit-canned in the same year, still stayed on, and now seems like neither a help in coaching or recruiting.

Why did Pruitt bring him here, and why is he still here?

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To recruit Georgia and Alabama.

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Pruitt is learning on the job like we all should expect. It takes time.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

***Checks year 2 review notes***

Recruit good.

"Hmmm. Makes sense."

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Ight

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This team wouldn’t be where they’re at right now without those first two losses. They were monumental in our program development.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That actually seems like an incredibly bad thing.