Clearly, we should have hired mcillwain

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TangoUniform, Oct 4, 2015.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

End of statement.

2. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

He's done an impressive job so far.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Or we should have hired Kyle Whittingham in 2010... or Gary Patterson in 08. Either way we would have been in a better position than this horror show we have now.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or Kevin Sumlin in 2010

5. WM

WM Active Member

Basically every other candidate besides the one we hired.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Whittingham intrigued me back in 2010. Not sure if he would have ever worked out here looking back on it, but I did like him at the time after Kiffin bolted town.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm at the point now that I realize it wouldn't have mattered if we didn't fire Fulmer. It likely would have ended up the same.

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

This in no way, shape, form, or fashion means that I wish we had kept Fulmer.....but I'm fairly certain we've ended up in a worse position.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Agreed.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would have taken a different route, but the end result is the same.

Fulmer hangs around, wins 6 or 7 every year for 2 or 3 years, steps down and a shit tier coach is hired.

11. WM

WM Active Member

I'm at this point of considering Fulmer for AD which I would have laughed at others considering such a idea a few years ago.

I grew up with Vol success being tied to those who had vested interest in the program. Our outside contributions and Saban sloppy thirds and The Cheeks and Bama Harts of the worlds have made me yearn for something that more in house. I know it's silly but the past is all I have to hold on to anymore.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If fulmer wasn't fired in 08, hangs around for a couple years then is fired, would mike hamilton have been shown the door as well? Maybe Blackburn steps in at that point and we avoid a dave hart at the reins.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd consider John McCain for AD at this point. Anybody.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hart was brought in to combine the men's and women's ADs. He was a hatchet man hired as a disposable tool for blood letting. He's done the one job he was brought in to do

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Gotcha. Well if the job is done, pay the man and send him on his way.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He shouldn't have been allowed to do any other jobs then.

17. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Keeping Kippy Brown as the interim coach for a season and properly vetting a coach would have made a difference today.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This is how you know your program is utterly ****ed. Whether to keep an interm coach for a season or not. We ****ing blow, plain and simple. It's starts at the top and gathers more.shit as it rolls down hill. Burn the stadium to the ground.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The stadium is nice. It's the one damned thing we're doing well.

I even liked the sound system last night, and the Neyland statue is a cool landmark. Save the stadium.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'd consider John Kerry, so we are on the same page.