Coin Toss, What do you do?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If you win, do you take the ball and try and get an early lead. Make a statement.

or

Play off the early emotion that both D's normally have and get the first stop. Plus get the ball to start the half.

I'd typically defer, but in this case with this team, I want the ball and a chance to lead early.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'd defer on the opponent's field.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I would typically. Given this teams strengths and being on the road, for some reason I want the ball first.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I take the ball, but I'd take the ball every time barring some weird outside influence like weather. I think this decision is very often overthunk.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Take the ball and chuck a deuce to Hunter on the first play from scrimmage :)

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

99% of the time I defer.

This is the one time I want my offense on the field first. Take it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Win the coin toss, put the offense out there.

8. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

take the ball on the road always....take the ball when playing scrubs at home.....defer when you play quality teams at home....hell, i dunno

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you want to weather the storm, defer. If you want to gamble for the momentum, take the ball. I think we want to play for the momentum and see if we can't pressure them early. Young teams don't weather storms as well.

So basically, I agree.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Hope the coin does not drop like a brick .

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Defer. Give your kids a chance to shake off the apprehension.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'd have to defer. scoring first is overrated IMO, it's a long game. i like the idea of knowing no matter what happens in the first half you're starting the 2nd with the ball.

13. FlowingAway.

FlowingAway. Banned

I would defer as well. There's really no right or wrong answer though. But I'm with the guy above me, it's nice knowing you're getting the ball to start out the 2nd half. There's nothing worse than the opposing team scoring at the end of the 1st half AND getting the kickoff to start out the 2nd.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

defer

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

changed my mind. i take the ball. no way in hell am i kicking to demps or rainey.

BearCat204 likes this.