College Football Relegation - 2017 version

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jun 12, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is literally infinitely better than the "butch Jones is underrated" article.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wtf dude?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My problem with relegation isn't that the way college football works it will be almost impossible to get back to the top tier when you drop down given the significant drop in revenue and recruiting.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's pretty good right now. Can't we just leave it alone and enjoy it?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But someone HAS to be promoted. So you can always get back if you are determined enough.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that drop would literally bankrupt a lot of athletic departments. i'm not sure they'll have time to get back.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet the schools that get promoted are the ones from the old group of 5 and the demoted power 5 schools go into the shitter. think about how many schools have borrowed money to redo facilities and stadiums who did so on the belief the power 5 money would keep coming. the group of 5 doesn't have that problem because their budget is already at those lower levels.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Well, we all know Tennessee would never come back from it.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You didn't write it.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"Getting relegated to the Sun Belt just shows the planning that Butch has put into this rebuild. He understands that before we can compete for SEC Championships, we need to be dominate at the lower level. I think a couple of years in the Sun Belt will allow coach Jones to really get his players and system in place and set us up to make a run back to the SEC and maybe compete for championships eventually." - most Tennessee fans.

12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Vanderbilt must be #1 in revenue.

14. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Its almost always Texas.