College Football Week 1 predictions

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Jul 31, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

North Carolina is bursting SCar's bubble. I am like 80% sure of it.

Volsdude and VolDad like this.
  2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I like UNC too, but I wouldn't underestimate Gene Chizik's ability to get absolutely roasted by a QB like Rattler. Chizik was a good 4-3 DC but he's not really been worth a damn since those days ended.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rattler was really good against the Vols and clemson. Not sure that keeps up

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oklahoma starts the beginning of the end for Trumpet Blower.

VolDad likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Maye is much better than Rattler so I am not sure Chizik will even be a factor.

IP likes this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They will probably give him 4 years there which is stupid but if I had to guess they will.

IP likes this.
  7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Worst opening week slate in my lifetime.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
    NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  8. HCKevinSteele

Agreed on Maye but UNC had one of the worst defenses in the country last year. Don't think you can discount that too much.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would not be surprised if the UVA game is close. Their coach wanted the UT job (extra motivation since he never even got an interview) and they are playing with house money since absolutely no one is giving them a chance. I bet its a sloppy game.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’re wretched, if we play shittily enough for that one to be close I’ll be concerned

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Greg Amsler should do the coin toss

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Talk about a good time, I think. 8 of us took Amtrak from memphis. One of them had an uncle with a place above a bar on Bourbon st. I remember images of 3 days but mainly Amsler going off. Those Hurricane drinks for a 21 yr old were penal.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Are were talking normal 4 Years or Butch Jones 4 Years, "He dove deep into last year’s struggles, saying his first year was really year zero of building the program and 2022 marks year one."

zehr27 likes this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

1st game anything can happen

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

WGWTFA

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We can play sloppy and still put up 600 yards and beat them by 3 TDs.

justingroves likes this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

Haven't really thought about schedules in a while. Don't necessarily expect it to be close but I hope the players don't sleep on UTSA too too much. They are very capable of making it more of a game than it really should be.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think they lost a good portion of their roster to the portal and graduation so I don't think they will be as good as years past. With that said Jeff Traylor is a damn good coach so I'm sure he will have his team ready.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

They paid their QB like a million dollars to come back, they're going to be decent.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’re a huge chunk of the preseason all-AAC team