Cordarelle Patterson set to graduate JUCO

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by InVolNerable, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Can their talent over come the play calling is the question.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And no run game.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think he'll have a rough break in period. I'm basing this solely on how bad the competition looks on his film. Those defenses are awful.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm sure there will be some kind of adjustment. I'm hoping he's physical (given his size) and is able to run through corners when they try to jam him.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The defenses in his video are laughably awful. His best plays are against Ds that visibly quit when they are not the primary tackler. His biggest adjustment will be having a defender come up in support of the initial defender when the ball is thrown in his direction. Is it impossible to make that adjustment? hell no, but it's very difficult to play 2 years against Prairie View A&M and then going up Nick Saban.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fortunately, he'll have the opportunity to practice against our defense, which should build his confidence.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Again, I think he'll have some adjusting to do but also think this is where the coaching staff earns their paychecks. Having Rogers and Hunter should easily take much of the burden off his shoulders because he doesn't have to come in and play lights out. He should be able to learn and pickup the difference of speed and physicality at a much better pace than being thrown into the fire immediately. I don't care how talented a secondary is, if Patterson has a ounce of talent, there will be huge mismatches because they simply can't cover all three. I'm hoping that Graham gets our RB's going because our offense has the potential to be extremely good.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Patterson is officially on campus according to VQ.

There is a pretty hilarious thread entitled "Patterson is on campus" with funny gifs. Nothing else to report.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Gonna be interesting to see how he fits. He looks the part.