Cuonzo Martin "Very Interested" in Illinois Job.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Mar 20, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Oh goodness, not this again.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

FWIW, the SID Tom Satkowiak denied it on Twitter.

Makes me wonder where the rumor originated, though. Surely CCM and/or his representation wouldn't be so tone deaf as to float this after our last three games (or years)?

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I was getting ready to post that, dknash. Thanks for posting. That article seems to be awfully specific to just be total shit, but who knows?

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Was going to point out the Satkowiak tweet also. After the last several years, another kick in the balls wouldn't surprise me at all.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hubbs apparently shares my thoughts on it as well. He says that because Satkowiak didn't present it as Martin's statement that it really doesn't dismiss the rumor.

7. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I mean, a woman wrote it. How accurate could it be?

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm not buying it. We will see, though

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Excellent point. Probably a lesbian.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If it's coming out of Chicago regarding college basketball and it's coming from anyone other than Dave Kaplan, I don't listen.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

She's caught up in trying to get the scoop by whatever means necessary. I've seen it a hundred times.

Similarly, her hypergamous ambitions have put her on the fast track to spinsterhood, with the only stops along the way being the occasional pump and dump from the most accessible male with the most alpha in him. In 20 years she'll be sharing a one-bedroom apartment with 9 cats. You can quote me on all of this.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Two ways to look at this.

1. There's a rumor and she's filled in a lot of details on her own.

2. If he's put this much of a plan together he's been plotting this since the day Weber was fired, which pisses me off.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If he took the job and hired Deon Thomas like the article implies, that would be completely crazy.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be a fitting [uck fay] you to the school that hired Bruce Pearl don't you think?

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Would almost be full circle.

16. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

If I take out being a UT fan, the Illinois job seems like a perfect fit for CCM; Shaka Smart will likely be staying at VCU so we will see where this goes. The question is does Illinois have any interest in CCM?

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If I'm Illinois I'm going after a coach who has actually been to the NCAA tournament before. Not meant to be a slam of Cuonzo, by the way.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Cuonzo has now come out and said there is nothing to the rumors and he will remain at Tennessee.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Link?

Not doubting, Law, at all. Just want to see the context of his comments.

20. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

hat is on basilio right now talking about this