Cuonzo Martin...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NYY, Feb 11, 2014.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Should never be allowed to call a timeout.

Oh and should be fired effective yesterday.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think his time is running out.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's a shame too. Unlike a few former UT coaches I actually really like Cuonzo as a human being. He just isn't right for Tennessee. Since I've been a student at UT I've had the opportunity to briefly chat with him a few times and each time he has been nothing short of kind.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I've gotten to the point where I don't like to watch us play because it just makes me mad. It's one thing to lose when you're talent level is inferior to that of your opponent. But for Cuonzo to continually mismanage his teams and not use his personnel effectively is maddening especially combined with poor situational coaching skills as well.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Makes me sad because I really like Cuonzo the person.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Dude is solid and his reputation as a hard nosed cat is fabulous. However, he either cannot or does not coach at all.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of a John McCain type guy.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt anyone would say a bad word about Counzo the person. He's great. The coaching is not there at all

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't take this as a smartass remark because it isn't intended to be. We hired him to be a successful basketball coach not Mr. Nice Guy.

My dad was a helluva nice guy. He'd have sucked as UT's basketball coach.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I sincerely like the guy, and tried my damnedest to hold out some hope off him.

The contradictory evidence simply overwhelmed my position.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ultimately, you're judged by wins and losses.

12. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Unless you recruit like BUTCH!

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

negative. If the coaching continues along the lines of what we witnessed this year, recruiting won't matter.

14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

BP he is a nice guy. He should be retained and signed to a life time contract.