Currently 2-3 and 2-5 coming...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Oct 5, 2015.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

....with UGA coming to town and playing at Bama after the bye. After falling behind that far, how much fight is left with this team to close out KY, SCar, Mizzou, and Vandy? 7-5 is the best they can finish but let's be honest, they could drop two possibly three games in that stretch. If this teams fails to make a bowl game after being hyped so much this past offseason what happens to the coaching staff? Anything? Surely Hart cannot be complacent? Right? I'm looking for some reassurance here. My half full glass has suddenly become half empty.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What's going to be real fun is that UK team post Bama that will be primed and ready for us.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

We get a pissed off Georgia team, then Bama. We are losing the next two by a combined 50 points. It's ugly now, 3 weeks from now Butch will be bleeding out in a shark tank.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, they are pissed at Tennessee hanging 50 on them last year

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll be shocked if Butch is back next season, regardless of how it plays out down the stretch

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Music to my ears.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If we start 2-5, I would hope that the decision would have already been made regardless of the last however many games.

8. robvols

robvols Member

Maybe the governor should step in..............TO CLEAN HOUSE!

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I see no way there isn't a change if we're 5-7. Booster pressure would be tremendous at that point.

I thought Jones would get 4 years based on recruiting as long as he didn't coach his way out of a 4th year in the 3rd year. But that's exactly what's happening.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

At worst, he's going to suffer a mental breakdown and be locked in a padded room

At best, he takes a cellar dweller power 5 job. He can't handle this level of scrutiny

11. GahLee

I've crossed a line i didn't think was possible, I hope Tennessee loses. I hate it. I feel dirty just typing it. That's what it has come to. I want it to be crystal clear to everyone that a change has to happen. 3-9 is my hope.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

At this moment, I'm not feeling good about KY, Mizzou, or SCar. Hell, if this team has thrown in the towel Vandy might beat us too. All of a sudden, I'm feeling quite depressed having typed that.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

South Carolina has already thrown in the towel, North Texas is awful and Vandy is just flat out terrible. I think those are the 3 wins remaining.

14. robvols

robvols Member

LOL

If you don't have the coaching, the recruiting doesn't mean shit!

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

If we had anyone else as AD, I'd agree with you 100%. As it stands, I can't pretend to know wtf Hart will do or what he thinks.

16. GahLee

Don't discount the Butch Jones factor, he's finding new way to lose to shitty teams coached by shitty coaches and in impossible and shitty ways.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

If for no other team, the OBC will have SCar ready to go when they play us. I'm sure he can't stand being 0-2 against the pos we have coaching right now.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm not sure that this staff hasn't already lost the team. N. Texas is the only guaranteed win I see left on the schedule.

19. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Yall will beat us

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

what on earth are we waiting for. We have 2.5 years of evidence at our own school, much less his previous experience, that the guy can't coach. Why would we wait until we're 2-5 to put this in motion. If this clown stumbles backward into a lucky win against a UGA team that has no QB, then we're stuck with him? Screw that. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then. UF had their lucky game Sat and it's made McElwain the talk of the coaching world. Doofus bumbling into a win changes nothing for me.

If he can get Jancek to wake up long enough to run blitz for 4 quarters, while leaving his best players on the field, there is a chance against UGA. The offense will still blow monkey nuts because it's been turned back into the no option, but we might get some TOs, short fields and kick 13 field goals on 3rd downs. No waiting. We've done this stupid crap before where we let one win change our minds about a guy, even while the mountains of evidence were predominantly stacked against him. Get this guy out of here ASAP and bring on a real football coach.