Currie restores Lady Vols logo

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by MaconVol, Sep 14, 2017.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

"While the 'Power T' is the official mark of the University of Tennessee, we are committed to restoring the visibility of the Lady Vol brand and showing it the reverence it deserves so our Tennessee family can move forward, more united, to blaze new trails of excellence," Currie said. "We understand that people are very passionate about the Lady Vol brand, and the Chancellor and I have been diligent about seeking perspective from various constituencies since each of us were appointed.

"We will not allow for the Lady Vol brand to disappear from our athletics department or university."

Measures to restore the prominence of Tennessee's Lady Vol presence include:

Reaffirming a commitment to restore visibility of the Lady Vols name, logo and brand.

Continuing to honor and celebrate UT's legacy of incredible national leadership and accomplishments in women's athletics.

Affirming the freedom for our student-athletes to refer to themselves, and their teams, as "Lady Vols" while competing under the official mark of the university – the "Power T."

Restoring Lady Vol branding and signage to athletic facilities such as Sherri Parker Lee Stadium and Regal Stadium.

Providing apparel options that include Lady Vols branding and color scheme.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Stupidest and most sexist shit, ever.

Make amends in the next football coaching hire, and I still won't give a shit.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I honestly have no problem with it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Divisive. We're vols. No gentlemen and lady vols.

What about other gender vols? Isn't there like 10 genders now?

Why the **** do we have butch Jones if the only reason hart was here was to unify the ad's and the only reason ****ing jones was hired was because hart?

I tell you, there is no god and butch Jones is his prophet.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Don't care.

Move along.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't really care one way or other

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Same.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't care that much, but this caused an awful lot of damn commotion and we were past it. Now, we may have to go through it all again some day. Seems like a cheap way for Currie to score some points. Plus, this was something that took away from valuable Butch firing time.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

All I care about is football. Fire Jones and make a good hire and all will be well.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Don't understand why "Lady Vols" was ever created in the first place. But then didn't understand the decision to kill the brand after all the time and money spent getting it so well-established.

I can't really say I give a damn one way or the other...just another series of questionable decision-making by the University.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Selling a few sweatshirts is all.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It seems like with the relatively quick backtrack, the big aim was getting rid of Cronin and the shadow AD. Dropping Lady Vols was floated along with it to steal the focus and give a cheap pop down the road.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I guess separate but equal is back en vogue.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I care less than any of you others that say you don't care because I waited a week to click on the thread.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've already gouged my eyeballs out I care so little about watching.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Now it’s time for Currie to restore our buttholes from the last decade.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know more than anyone that it won't be a simple task.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It’s gonna take a little more than the usual caulk and putty.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'd be happy if he just closed the new one we've been torn.