Curt Phillips, 5th yr senior Wisconsin QB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Nov 8, 2012.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Will finally get the first start of his career Saturday against Indiana. A win would guarantee the Badgers a spot in the Big 10 championship game and a shot at the Rose Bowl. Gifted as it may be with OSU and PSU ineligible, this is a great chance for Phillips and would be a fantastic story to end his career. He's battled back from a torn ACL and three knee surgeries to put himself in position to play (he could get 6th year of eligibility, but we'll see). My little sister did Curt's recruiting videos for him when he was at Sullivan South. He's a great guy and I'm pretty excited for him to get his chance. As a South grad and proud Wisconsinite, I'll be watching and pulling hard for Curt. You should too.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badg...-for-wisconsin-badgers-847i1l8-177793891.html

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I remember when he was being recruited. It doesn't seem like it was 5 years ago.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Happy for him. He was a fantastic high school player.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hear Indiana is going to let D-B handle defense for this game.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

this late in the HS season would mean Phillips would light them up huh?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know. I'm not sure he'd know how to get onto the field in November.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Where does Graham Clark store all of his championship rings?

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maryville laughs at all of you.

Phillips single-handedly kept SS in the game at Maryville in the semis. He was easily the best player on the field. Easily.

9. hallowed_hill

Under the current classification, i think south would have won a state championship curt's senior year. As it was, they lost in the state semi's to Maryville.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

VFB and myself were at that game. He was truckin' dudes all night.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably going to have rent space in the South trophy case.

P.S. Nothing like some good high school smack talk from guys that are 10+ years out.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Fvck this guy. Hoosiers are going to the Ship!!!

13. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Watched him play against Greeneville. Great player in high school. Nice to see an upper east TN guy get to do something like this.

14. hallowed_hill

Curt had the inside track to the starting job as a RS frosh. He threw four int's in their final scrimmage and ended up losing the job to Scott Tolzien. Been hurt ever since.

That scrimmage, incidentally, was the morning after Phillips' former teammate at South, Jake Logue, died after collapsing on the field at West HS. I'm sure he wouldn't/didn't use that as an excuse, but he admitted to his family that he was pretty shaken up by it that day. Phillips kept working, graduated in three years, and stuck with football. Nice to see it come full circle for him, and i hope he seizes the opportunity.

15. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Thanks for bringing us up to speed on Curt, HH.

16. hallowed_hill

No problem. Will be fun to see him out there Saturday.

17. hallowed_hill

Curt played fine but didnt have to do much. UW rushed for 564 yds. The next four will be harder--psu, osu, big 10 cg, bowl.

18. hallowed_hill

Curt and Mike Taylor are the ones that talked Barry Alvarez into coaching them in the Rose Bowl. Pretty freakin cool.

Wisconsin Players React to Barry Alvarez Coaching Rose Bowl - Bucky's 5th Quarter

Will be interesting to see Alvarez coach and hold a recruiting class together, all while conducting a coaching search. When asked if he'd use a search committee, he said something like, 'no, most search committees use me.' The guy is a leader.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Badass.

20. hallowed_hill

Bump. Go Bucky!