Daniel Helm TE Il

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Apr 23, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The analysts on Rivals were saying Helm can do everything you want a TE, that he's a jumbo WR that can block well too.

Wolfe could grow into a LT and with Bransiel, Helm, Quinn and King playing at TE that would work.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Rivals250 tight end Daniel Helm of Chatham (Ill.) Glenwood and four-star offensive guard D.J. Foster from Lincoln (Neb.) Southeast said their rankings were important to them and that checking for changes in their rankings occupied some of their time. D.J. Foster said he monitors his ranking because he likes to compete.

"(I look) more than I should," Helm joked. "That is all I'm going to say." Helm said he knew he was the No. 201 player in the country, as well as the No. 6 tight end. He added that he wasn't checking the rankings as a motivational tool but a measuring stick.

"I wouldn't say that the rankings matter to me so much as I really just want to be ranked high enough to go to one of the all-American games," Helm said. "So if I'm No. 200 and that gets me in or if I am No. 100, I don't care." Rivals.com regional analyst Josh Helmholdt said he sees Helm as a player on the rise who could play his way into one of the prestigious games.

"I think he has the ability to play at an elite level," Helmholdt said. "He is a receiving tight end and won the MVP of the Rivals Underclassman Challenge last year, so we will see what happens." Helmholdt said that, along with his physical makeup, the 6-foot-5, 220-pound player has a personality that draws others to him. "First of all, he is a super-nice kid who is shy in the way that even he is impressed that we think he is a four-star player," Helmholdt said. "He is respectful and humble.

"As far as being a prospect, I think he has a lot of upside. Right now he has coat-hangar shoulders, and I could see him easily getting up to 240 or 250 pounds." Helm said his recruiting could come to an end soon with a decision among Tennessee, Ole Miss, Michigan and Florida before summer.

Top performers from RCS St. Louis camp.
    #4. TE Daniel Helm, Chatham (Ill.) Glenwood
    Helm is as explosive as tight ends come. He gets down field quickly and gets out of his cuts at warp speed. At this point, he's a large wide receiver with a tight end's frame. Helm can play small in terms in getting separation but still presents a big target on intermediate routes. He has the frame to beef up significantly and should play at 245 or 250 pounds in college.

Class of 2014 Headliners
    TE Daniel Helm (6-foot-5, 220 pounds) Glenwood High School Helm is one of a handful of top flight tight end prospects in the Land of Lincoln's Class of 2014. Helm will have a real chance to make a definite case to separate himself from a pack of highly ranked and nationally recruited Illinois tight ends. Helm has great size and basketball type ball skills, yet Helm also can and will block as well as any tight end in this class.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

So what about that Wilson guy out of Savannah now? Apparently UGA is possibly only taking 1 TE and they just got theirs yesterday... is that the kid who is related to Hershall Walker? If UGA doesn't want him we should find a way to take him.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

and what's up with Illinois and tight ends this year?

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We are in the top 3 I believe for Walkers nephew.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Milan Richard

7. chavisut

Milan Richard

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Yeah - so are we not full on TEs now? As is Georgia? He's considered better than both of our guys on 247.

9. chavisut

Wolf could become a tackle.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Walker's nephew and Bates' son need to play together

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I sort of doubt UGA would deny Walker's nephew if he wanted to come.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Irony. Heavy at that.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

UGA is done with TE for this class. They might take him only because of his uncle, but they are finished at TE from what I've been told.

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Solid p/u. Athletic, blocks well, explosive, gets separation, good hands, and runs good routes --- key w/ a passing offense based on timing.

Now, about those LB's, D-linemen, & O-Linemen ...

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think we end up getting Mosely and Poona by the end of the summer.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

No way Mosely Bama bound and who knows with Poona - watch things change with him due to instate pressure.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We'll get Mosely if Bama runs out of room for him. Poona has flipped from Tennessee lean to South Carolina back to Tennessee. I don't know where he'll end up.

18. chavisut

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well crap - wish we could take another TE - hershal walkers nephew was passed on by UGA since they're full... Dude is rated pretty high and would've liked our chances without Georgia in the picture.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's room if Butch wants to go after him.