David Blackburn.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Nov 27, 2016.

1. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

A few questions, because I've never met him personally. I do know he's done very well at UTC.

1) Why is everyone insinuating that he'll come in and immediately start ruling with an iron fist?

2) What, if any, role did he play in the 2012 coaching search?

3) What, if any, relationship does he have with Gruden?

4) What, if any, relationship does he have with Lyle Jones?

Other than yes or no answers, why is he the guy that we need to get? Personally, I think he probably is the guy for Tennessee, based on his familiarity with the program, but I know very little about him and his ability to work with boosters to get things done.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

1. He won't rule with an iron fist, but he knows how to keep the boosters on the same page

2. He was against hiring Dooley and Butch

3. He was a student assistant while Gruden was a GA here under Majors

4. He was around Lyle for a year

He's a guy that's been involved with Tennessee athletics since 1987. He's a Tennessee fan that wants to see Tennessee as a dominant program again.

Our boosters are entitled children, he knows how to work their egos. He's also good friends with Peyton

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He also deflected all of Kiffin's minor rule breaking onto Kiffin, keeping the dreaded "failure to monitor" penalty from falling on the football program

4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

How involved is Manning. Anyone know? I have to assume that as a student of the game and huge fan, watching these games makes his blood boil.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is almost singularly important to me. There is a reason we did so well under Dickey. He told the NCAA to go **** itself and kept us out of trouble.

Hamilton and Hart seem like they have zero clout in that arena.

UTC is also doing very well in its athletics right now, if I am not mistaken. Better than the mother school by miles.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not too involved yet

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fingers crossed that changes as early as this week.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

So did Blackburn sleep with Anderson's wife of what?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The ad hire will decide that, I think

10. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Yet? So I assume he's expected to jump in? I have trouble understanding his lack of involvement. Especially now that he is retired. If I had that kind of money and political equity I'd be elbow deep.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a shit show with no organization

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Maybe he is wait ing to see how serious the school wants to be? I don't know of course.

But woe is us if we basically tell the greatest player and ambassador you have had come through this school since ever (Doug Atkins fans forgive me here) "ehh, we just want to be mediocre".

13. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

What's the deal with Anderson? I remember his shitty son being on the team and then the talented one went to Bama

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, that was bullshit