"The Athletic" discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think there's really much of a connection.

Same with how fat is vilified

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I cook a lot with tomato juice and I salt it pretty generously because it almost seems to cancel out the salt

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I grew up with Devin. I haven’t talked to him in years but I’m not shocked he’s doing what he’s doing. We went to pro wrestling any time it was in Knoxville in high school and while we all loved it, he was obsessed with it. He was always a great athlete and took it pretty far, before moving back here and running a gym. Seems like he’s a natural fit.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Damn proud to have Jeremy Pruitt as UT HC.

7. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

He stood up today when many coaches have shied away from any controversy. I don't think he knows any other way, and I love it.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The contrast between what he said and what Dabo said is so far apart that if I started right now, I might be able to walk to Dabo’s comments before I die.

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's not going to bite his tongue

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Missed that yesterday.

Whew buddy, good stuff.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Dabo is faker than a $3 dollar bill. Jeremy isn’t.

SetVol13 likes this.
  12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Are you telling me that $3 bill I got with Hillary on it won't spend?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i missed it too, i was waiting for wolken to bring it up, because he's been so militant about football coaches giving a response. SHOCKED, i tell you, he didn't mention it.

SetVol13 and warhammer like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wrong agent.

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

:)

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I was really dreading hearing what our Alabama redneck was going to have to say, and that article was a more than pleasant surprise. He’s obviously still learning, but the man is actively seeking out information and ready to stand up for his guys and to use his platform. Was better than probably 90% of the responses I’ve seen from sports teams.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Whether we kneel on the sidelines or protest in the streets, the message seems lost for many amid the demonization for the act. Change is slow. It’s despised in the moment and lionized by history."

18. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Damn. Profound words.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not Ubben, but this is a great story on King Johnny on the Athletic by Joe Rexrode

“The Pittsburgh fans, that was a game to them, that was entertainment to them. It was not day-to-day life like with Tennessee fans,” said Bob, 70. “A lot of us voiced that to John, my dad too. And John’s answer was basically that he was going to do whatever the hell he wanted to do. That was it in a nutshell.”

NYY and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The original Johnny Football.

We outta build him a statue where he's posed with his crooked finger signaling the extra point team post-touchdown.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.