Diablo IV

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 14, 2019.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Perhaps the single greatest game cinematic I have ever seen

NOTE: IF YOU DON'T LIKE BLOOD AND GORE DO NOT WATCH

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I still, at random times, have a strange longing for Dii.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bump.

Is anyone going to pick this up? I've never played a Diablo game, but thinking about giving this a try. Is there a big learning curve?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't really get the appeal.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At $70 and I am too old for all the kiting and spamming necessary, no. I played the hell out of the original Diablo, though, in the 90s.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've never played one and have no idea what to really expect from it, but I've had multiple people tell me I need to try it since I enjoyed Hades.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

no I’m still trying to decide if I want to commit to Elden Ring

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Same. Not sure i want the frustration of needing to execute perfect ankle attacks for 2 min per boss.

You could reskin those souls games with player character being a Yorkie and the bosses being postal workers and maintenance guys.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I’m a button masher so I’ve been hesitant to try these. The first Jedi game took quite a bit of unlearning what I have learned

10. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I got Diablo 3 and didn’t like it. I loved Hades. I’d watch a twitch stream of it and go from there. Diablo 4 may be more Hadesey than 3 was

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm deep into the game now. Beat the campaign (which it seems like was just a formality before really getting into the game) and still feel like I still don't have a clue about 90% of the character building and upgrades, but it's a blast so far.

Season 1 drops on Thursday and requires a new character build to start it, so I get to start the building process all over again.

Volsdude likes this.
  12. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Is it scratching the Hades itch?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bought that game nearly a year ago and still haven’t opened it.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A lot of people I communicate with about FIFA bought and love Diablo. Seems like too much of a time sink for me right now.