Did you guys see anything??

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IMISSTHEBOWLBROS, Sep 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

OK, I'm not going to read and respond to our normal horse crap and rhetoric that we normally would post so here goes!

1. Did anyone see something that says our poor man's Rich Rod has the right stuff??

2. The no Penalties was really big to me, but I'm a (mediocre Monday morning armchair quarterback)**, but the discipline was there like we had with Kiffin, don't you guys agree??
    **(This was for you Hat)

3. Last one as I know your getting just as board as I am.............That Clemson game sure was nice,thou!...... OK now with the question!
    Are we in trouble if we have to go to the Second Team Quarterback???

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. We had the requisite number of players on the field and never had to burn a timeout coming out of a stoppage in play. It's a start.
    2. Guys who are properly drilled tend to avoid penalties.
    3. Big trouble.

3. GoVols

GoVols Member

Its still way too early to come to a conclusion on Butch Jones. That said, he has done absolutely everything right so far. Recruiting, rebuilding the relationships with former players, showing appreciation to the students and academics, brought energy back into the program etc etc etc.

At the end of the day, its all about winning games and only time will tell his success here at Tennessee, but as far as everything else goes, he has far exceeded his predecessor.

Will his teams keep fighting at the end of the tough games ahead?
    Will his team still show a backbone after what will likely be a 1-5 stretch coming up?
    Will they quit on him before we get to the easier half of our schedule?
    Will they show consistent improvement week after week?
    Can he push this team to get them to a bowl game?

The answers to all of the questions will define his tenure on Rocky Top, but we are still weeks away from knowing.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't forget that he has to navigate this team to a stellar academic semester as well to avoid penalties.

5. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Well this is a positive as were with in another week of getting closer to someone say I told you so!

Yes these were significant improvements, that my seven year old brought up, she's really after me to make a game! Jury still out as Eugene is approaching fast and I am hoping we come out of there with out any significant injuries!

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's a freakin minefield.

But a championship level coach will/would navigate it.

7. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Thank you for playing, next caller!

8. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I think you tickled your Heston avi Dooley pink!

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not blaming Jones, he inherited a really bad situation from the turmoil and Dooleying of the past few years. We have virtually no margin for error on grades/attrition for the next year or two.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

The General is not coming back ,I checked..he has a scheduling conflict!

11. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

I know.. this really sucks and so does your AD!

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Who you gunna git

13. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

I hear your available!