Does this team find 6 wins

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

They should beat Middle and KY.

Vandy is a toss up. I grind my teeth when I say that, but its the honest truth.

If Dooley calms down and doesn't go into panic mode, and rides the next 2 games with Worley, he may get settled enough to beat Vandy. IDK anymore.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We are evenly matched with Vandy. Home field gives us the advantage, and as of today, I think we get the win.

It will come down to how well we survive Arkansas, since Vandy has Kentucky the week prior.

I like our chances, but it is no longer the absolute W I once thought it might have been. We have got to find some offense, from someone.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I see us winning MTSU and KY, losing all others so that would have us one short.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If Vandy comes down to coaching savvy and smart adjustments to win the game, go ahead and call that one a loss. This staff might actually be worse than Sanders/Chavis was in the third quarter. I seriously wonder if we couldn't get someone off Alcoa's or Maryville's staff to do a better job. It's like a sick joke.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The team and staff I saw on the field last night will be able to muster wins against MTSU and Kentucky, but I think we get beat by double digits against the other two teams on the schedule.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The only thing that might get them to 6 wins is the fact that Vandy doesn't have a defense anywhere near what South Carolina has. Arkansas is a loss because Tennessee can't score enough to beat them (goes without saying) but they may match up better with Vandy.

7. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Losing clouds reason sometimes

We just finished the toughest stretch of games I have ever seen a UT team have to play

During Fulmers time, we would have Florida and Bama as usually the only two teams on the schedule that would be ranked

The rest were easy pickings

We got use to that. This is no longer the SEC that Fulmer dominated

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very valid point. I'm one that realizes we are far less competitive than we should be, but I'm also up to my breaking point on staff performance. if it weren't the same shit every week, I'd just take beatings and see that progress is being made.

This staff's attention to detail sucks. Mightily. That's what is so damned frustrating.

9. volinbham

volinbham Member

The endless parade of off-sides penalties, mental mistakes and poor tackling in the secondary is what's clouding my reason...

10. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

This is what bothers me. We saw two major coaching clusters last year w/ LSU and NC that cost us wins. We are seeing massive coaching underachievement in getting this team ready for the second half. As others have pointed out, coaching fundamentals (e.g. clock management) which are second nature to experienced coaches are toss ups for this staff.

You wonder who has a steeper learning curve .. players or coaches.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I honestly think you guys are putting more blame on coaching than is merited. The coaches didn't throw those easy INTs, nor do they miss the tackles or jump offsides. Do you not think the coaches go over these fundamentals? We are a young team that suffers from inexperience and lack of depth. Many of these players were on high school teams a year ago.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Very true. There's plenty of blame to go around though. Part of coaching is knowing your players and setting them up for success.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yours and mine.

While I expect a win, a loss Saturday would not totally shock me at this point.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know if we'll find 6 wins, but we have an excellent chance of finding 6 ACL tears.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't think it should be an issue, but a Vandy loss should have fans at least finding their pitchforks and torches, even if they don't start storming anything yet.

We have better players than Vanderbilt, even with our injuries. The only reason to lose that game is if their staff has done a significantly better job with their team than ours has.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If Worley and the offense don't get a good bit better, we will really, really struggle. I think he's got it in him, but I'm still worried.

For reference, they played an Arky team that made some mistakes and ended up being a very easy field goal from OT. South Carolina at this point isn't as good as Arkansas, made a lot of mistakes against us, and still didn't sweat in the fourth quarter.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Don't do it, its bad enough IP.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I saw the end of the Arkansas game. I'm not sure I understand what happened there. I listened to the Georgia game. That was freak, and I don't read much into it. I watched the South Carolina game; Vandy still sucks.

19. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Vol D will have trouble w/vandy zone blocking.

Do I get Bray for Vandy? If so... 6wins... If no...no

20. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Worley has got to get comfortable and gain some confidence between now and Arkansas. If we can find the running game that showed up for Bama and LSU, I think we can get to 6 wins. Franklin will have his bunch playing hard though.