Early look at 2024 schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Nov 27, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The biggest thing that jumps out at me is that the later we play Florida, the better. They are going to take some lumps, if not outright implode, and may be a broken team by the end of the year.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You skipped 2024

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

:(

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fixed

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I see three where we’ll probably be underdogs: Oklahoma and Georgia away and Alabama at home.

But as we saw this year, taking care of all the “should win” games is no gimme.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

At this time, I don’t know what the hell to expect about next season other than better QB play. That’s kind of an important thing to improve at though so that’s good. 15-0.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Oklahoma losing their OC is good too.

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expect no less than 8-4

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'll be disappointed with 8-4 in year four.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I would as well. It would likely mean we lost all three big games (again), plus dropped one against Florida, Arkansas, NC State, Mississippi State, or Kentucky. I could live with it if it happened in a way that showed particular improvement throughout the year and included going toe-to-toe with the top teams on our schedule, but it’s hard to say it wouldn’t be a disappointment.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If the QB play improves dramatically, everything else will look better as well.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Thank gawd, we are back to the space where 8-4 is disappointing. I can live with being pizzed about that and looking forward to being pizzed when we go 10-2.

We will only be fully satisfied when we are "whipping all they azzes." Amen to that.

I look forward to the day when the "Legion of the Miserable" can only whine about beating X by Y amount.

[uck fay] Bama. [uck fay] UF. [uck fay] UGA. [uck fay] 'em all.

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and Tar Volon like this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My BVS has me thinking how terrible it would be to go 0-3 against good teams, lose to Florida as usual, and then drop a game to UK to go 7-5.

It's way too possible for my liking.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yea that should be our new rebuilding floor and we should be [itch bay]ing about it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. VOLinDAWGland

Well we've had plenty of precedence for this the past 10+ years. It will take a few more years like last year to get that bad stank out.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

As a youth, I used to bemoan some of the Dickey, Battle and Major years. And the slide in some of the later Fulmer years. Now not so much.

I can only imagine what the youngsters growing up on Dooley, Jones and Pruitt went through. My Orange heart goes out to you.
    Hang in there.

18. VOLinDAWGland

I started paying attention late Battle years and was locked in at the start of Johnny's tenure. It took a long time for Johnny to get his program rolling. My early impression of UT football was kind of meh. Back when there was only 3 channels and a handful of games, a kid would get a steady diet of Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, and some Penn State in addition to the UT game. That's what I thought college football was.

Poppa T likes this.
  19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah. That is why John Ward was so special.
    A radio and John and you could see it.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Few games have leaked

OU on Sept 21

Florida on Oct 12, Bama on oct 19.

Tar Volon likes this.