Elliott on Hurd

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 2, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Glad to see Hurd getting praise

https://www.seccountry.com/south-ca...urd-hes-one-of-those-old-time-tennessee-backs

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Hurd and Dobbs are making so many individual effort plays that mask a lack of offensive creativity.

That screen TD by Hurd was magnificent.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hurd goes down, I'm not sure Tennessee is able to score.

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

We would be forced to use AK more. Its criminal how little he's used.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If I'm Jalen Hurd I'd lose my shit and kill Butch if he ever said as much as a cross word to me. Hurd will lose millions because we have quite literally the worst scheme of any FBS team.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Critical efforts by critical players in critical situations.

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

AKA "Players bail my shit out".

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I thought I was going to get boned by Dobbs and Hurd in Fanduel, but they both had a good second half, pulled out a win for me.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still don't know why we don't let him attack down hill and

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This. All day.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think scouts can see his potential just fine. The stats will never be as good in this offense as they could be, but you can see his ability no problem.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I imagine they are salivating at his pass blocking as well.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I mean duh...why wouldn't you run a 240lb running back wide? Running a big guy north and south is too old fashioned.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

His block on the strip 6 against UK was great.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

think about the fact that the vast majority of his runs are from one side of the formation sweeping to the other, while every defender behind the LOS is screaming straight toward that opposite end. Does behind a line that lets two guys into the backfield on almost every run and still finds yardage.

If we weren't completely inept on the sidelines, kid would be putting up some ridiculous stats.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I was thinking the other day how much more production they'd get out of Hurd in a Power-I with someone like Bartholomew leading the charge.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or a pistol offense with an h-back

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

anything that doesn't tell the D pre-snap where our best player is likely to be going with the ball. Palmer was talking all the misdirection from the line the other night and calling it "eye-candy", but he's a moron. Any defense against us right now has to move the linebackers opposite of where Hurd lines up and use other side OLB/Safety to deal with Dobbs. With that, if you can play at all, we are going to struggle massively to run the ball.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's why Vandy scares me. Mason sucks as a HC, but he's a really good defensive guy. I don't know if they have the players to stop Hurd and Dobbs, but the scheme will be there.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I'd be shocked if Hurd, AK too for that matter, didn't peel off a few long runs. Second level thumping