ESPN suspends Dan Le Batard

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Aug 8, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dan Le Batard, a Miami-based columnist and ESPN sports talk-radio host, has been suspended two days for what ESPN termed a "stunt" involving a billboard seeking to get under the skin of James and his Ohio-based fans.

[​IMG]

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I fail to see the big deal

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Great reason to suspend someone

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uh, what? How is that a suspending offense? I'd lawyer the **** up.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No kidding.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If I was espn I'd wonder why I was paying for someone who couldn't come up with something better.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I listen to his show some on the way home from work. They actually tried to put a full page ad in a newspaper in Akron but the paper figured out who it was and shut it down. They then decided to go the billboard route. Bomani Jones, who is on the show on Thursdays and Fridays I think, actually said that this is going to end with somebody off of work. Guess he was right. Lebetard isn't the one who comissioned the "You're Welcome" billboard, he just let his people run with it.

8. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

He insulted ESPN's anointed one.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Someone needs to put espn in their place. What a joke.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If Fox makes the slightest attempt to be relevant in covering college football, they'll take a large chunk of ESPNs viewing audience.

11. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

[​IMG]

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't even see how that's a shot at Lebron. ESPN can't even make up a half-assed excuse much less one that contains anything resembling logic.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

That's a big ten four.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i guess the guy's name isn't The Bastard for no reason

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

His thing with the hall of fame vote rubbed them the wrong way too. I think this is their way of saying he should be less of a "shock jock."

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think we'll see that in the next few years, Fox has been steadily improving.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If Fox would fix their hd colors for sports they would have the best hd.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'll also add this, diversity is the only reason Le Batard is on ESPN and not calling Miami area hs games. He is trash.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Not a fan of his, or his dad

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I generally like you, but is by so far the dumbest shit you have ever written that I assume it is a troll job or you have had a closed head injury. You do realize he's been a columnist at one of about five American newspapers that matter for 20 years, don't you? If not, be gone.